“Typical Sports Bar !!”

Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mad Jacks Sports Cafe in Vadnais Heights, MN is a new kind of sports bar. We have all the fun and drinks of a sports bar, but with quality food in a more upscale and family-friendly atmosphere. At Mad Jacks we use woodfire cooking for a unique, mouthwatering taste! All of our food is made fresh and ready to order. We use only the best ingredients available and provide a wide variety of delicious options. Local favorites include our Lumberjack Salmon, which is an Atlantic Salmon fillet, cedar plank grilled with a citrus-soy glaze and then finished off with our famous bread pudding of homemade goodness all baked together in one special dessert, served warm with vanilla bean ice cream. Don't feel like eating out? You can enjoy delicious Mad Jacks to-go in the comfort of your own home! Mad Jacks has daily specials and happy hours to help you get through your busy week. After a long day you can look forward to hanging out with us and your friends at Mad Jacks for a drink and a bite to eat. Be sure to join us for your favorite sports game. We have big TVs in our dining room and bar so that you never have to miss a game! Come by for a bite and some refreshing drinks at Mad Jacks Sports Cafe. You don't know Jack! Isn't it about time you got to know?
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I don't know where to start but still giving an review !! Food choices are limited and options to choose are also pretty sad. If you are looking to get something to drink given the choices in the area this one tops (LoL) !! I felt appetizers are better way to go in these places and crab cakes were good in comparison - bar food run of the mill burgers & wings will be decent bet. Reason for my average is that I have eaten at similar places around the country and this place is at the bottom of the list.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were in Vadnais Heights for a weekend getaway, and hitting up the Minnesota State Fair, during the evenings we would hunt for restaurants to visit. This came up on my search and had fair reviews so we thought we would give it a try. There aren't many sit down places in Vadnais Heights.

When we walked in we were given the option to sit in the bar or the dining area, and we picked the dining. We were welcomed immediately by our waitress and she brought us our drinks. We ordered the Cheese curds appetizer and they were delicious. They had a marinara dipping sauce with them. I ordered the Big Blue Cheeseburger, came with bacon and blue cheese and is served with their chips. You can upgrade the side for additional $$ but it comes with chips. It was cooked the way I ordered it (Med. Well) and it was very good. Nothing spectacular about it, but it hit the spot.

My boyfriend ordered the Ruben and he said it was one of the best he's had. His also came with chips. We would definitely go back if we're ever in the area again. Worth a stop.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were just at Mad Jack's, the drinks were great, service was good.
We ordered the Nachos with seasoned taco meat and received nachos with shredded chicken, not good, told the waitress and did nothing, we paid for something we did not want, plus a additional 3 dollars for the meat, at least not charge us for the chicken.. One plus the loaded hash
browns were wonderful

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We visited Mad Jack's on July 13th, there were 6 of us in our party and we were seated immediately, there is a patio, but the weather was close to rain so we stayed inside. We got to sit close to the kitchen so it was fun to watch some preparation and service. Our server was wonderful, our food was excellent and plenty of it and the presentation was really good, love the attention. I only drank water, but water appeared and didn't even see server leave it! I would definately go back when we visit the area again.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

if in area go here over any of the chains. great service, great food and some unique menu items you don't see everywhere. I personally had a jerk chicken sandwich. Yes I have been to Jamaica (as you can see from my other reviews) and this was authentic in flavor. The portions are a little over average but if you want something a little different this place is great. Just off interstate.