Turning Waters Bed, Breakfast and Adventure
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$121
US$117
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Lake City(Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$103
US$63
US$61
TripAdvisor
All reviewsb bbrew pubeagle centerwrap around porchamazing hostsgreat lakesbreakfast was deliciouscraft beermaster suiteother guestsmississippi riverhouse is beautifulhome brewown bathroomgreat conversationegg bakeeach morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2013

After our night at Turning Waters Bed and Breakfast I am excited to write a review of our stay there. The exterior greets you with pleasant curb appeal and lighting which even includes lanterns guiding you up the sidewalk to the front door. Once inside you can tell that careful planning and meticulous detail embodies the whole home. The "common" areas are comfortably lit and very tastefully decorated. We were greeted by Michael and he made sure to show us around and emphasized that his home was now our home too and that we were to be sure to make ourselves at home. Wine and beer in the fridge and we were told to help ourselves. He then showed us up to our room (The Coniferous Master Suite) where a fireplace and jacuzzi as well as a large comfy bed greeted us. I could go on and on in detail about our stay there but hey....go experience it yourself! I do want to mention too that breakfast alone would be worth a trip back! ENJOY!

Reviewed 13 February 2013

My wife and I did a quick overnight to Wabasha for the eagle viewing and through word of mouth had heard Turning Waters was pretty cool. As you can tell from their website the rooms are great and they have done a great job with the whole house. What the pics don't show is what a cool vibe they have. Michael was a great host... friendly and engaging without being intrusive. He truly made us feel at home. The breakfast was fantastic. All I can say is why haven't I heard of cinnamon twisted bacon before... it is like crack!

If you love the outdoors and beauty of the river you will have no trouble filling your days with joy here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My husband and I are Central Wisconsin residents. We were celebrating an anniversary and decided to take a short trip to Wabasha to watch wintering eagles. We had never been to the Turning Waters B&B and now it is the only place we will stay. It is completely charming, clean and comfortable with original woodwork, antiques and big fluffy beds. Our hosts were attentive, but not overly so and helped us to find a wonderful restaurant in Lake City. They were knowledgeable about the area and recommended some routes we had not previously considered. We will definitely return in the warmer weather to try some kayaking. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: the River Room is a suite with a whirlpool tub and natural rain shower. Very comfy and cozy.
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My wife and I were enjoying a winter Saturday along the river. At about 7:00 PM, we decided to spend the night in Wabasha and were given a recommendation for one of the local merchants. We were delighted with the warm charm of this cozy beautiful Inn. The Inn keepers made sure our every need was accomodated. We had a great nights sleep and were treated to a fabulious breakfast and great conversation with the other guests the following morning. We wholeheartedly recommend this Inn!!!

Reviewed 27 January 2013

My husband and I stayed in the "Prairie Room" at Turning Waters for one night. Our stay exceeded all of our expectations and was far better than any other B&B experience we'd had before. The hosts greeted us with wine, hot tea, and cocoa, and continued to be hospitable throughout our stay. We even curled up to watch a movie in one of the common rooms and were surprised with a warm bowl of fresh popcorn midway through! The decor is perfect - much nicer and more modern than I usually see in B&B's. And the breakfast was as amazing as advertised. The location is great, too - a quick walk to the river or into downtown Wabasha, where there are lots of restaurants and bars to explore. I would happily return!

Room Tip: We had a chance to see each room, and they were all incredible. The Prairie Room was beautiful, comfortable, and a great value. While it doesn't have an attached bathroom, there's a very nice bathroom down the hall that's exclusively for that room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple