“The best B&B, no contest”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wabasha
Turning Waters Bed, Breakfast and Adventure
Ranked #1 of 2 Wabasha B&B and Inns
West Chicago, Illinois
“The best B&B, no contest”
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a wedding and had searched for any b&b a few months before the trip. My fiancé and I are not new t the b&b experience but this place sets the bar for what the experience should be like. It like a trendy boutique hotel that offers unique breakfasts every morning. From my experience something like this should cost over $300 a night, it was less than half that! We were greeted and hosted by Richie and Michael during our stay. There is very little if anything I would change about this place. We will be back if we are ever in Wabasha again!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way down the Mississippi for our one year wedding anniversary. We had looked at many bed and breakfasts online around the area to stay at but they all had that antique and outdated feel. Then we came across Turning Waters and were amazed by all the reviews we saw and the beautiful photos of the rooms.

When we arrived Friday night we were stunned to see that everything was exact to the pictures and the owners were so welcoming and helpful. Every detail in the house is perfect and gives each room a unique feel. The guest rooms are fantastic and clean! We stayed in the Prairie Room. At first I thought a detached bathroom would be odd, but not at all. Again, it was so clean and had every need you'd want in a house. It was just like you were staying at a friends house.

The next morning we had breakfast with all the guests at the large breakfast table. So cool to share stories and good laughs. To say the food was wonderful is an understatement. It was out of this world for flavor and freshness.

I can't wait to visit Turning Waters again. If you want a place that feels like your staying with friends, privacy, dynamite food, amazing hospitality, and stunning rooms this is your place! I know we'll be back often and send family and friends their way!!

• Stayed July 2013
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 23 July 2013

A great visit to Minnesota. Turning Waters B&B is a unique place. The innkeepers greet you as friends and open their home to you. The hearty breakfasts as advertised is a very accurate description and so delicious.
The kayak trip was great for this 1st timer.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My girlfriend and I were scrambling for last minute holiday plans. Somehow I both stumbled upon Turning Waters and found it with an empty room. I suspect that will become near impossible in the years to come. Michael and Richie were dynamite hosts. From the beer in the fridge to the mouth-watering breakfasts - (which I kept sneaking away from my girlfriend to eat leftovers from) - the experience was top notch. I could tell from the photos that it would be a more modern feel but the atmosphere was spot on as well. We went late into the night Saturday over beers and board games with another couple we'd just met. Though we probably had a bit too much fun at times no one seemed to mind. We were looking for leisure so I can't yet speak to the "Adventure" portion of the experience. But if you need any final push consider that my girlfriend and I already plan to return this fall. And though they've only been open a year one other couple was already making their second visit during our stay. Do yourself a favor and pay them a visit while you can. You'll be hearing that from many more people than me.

PS - I should add that the rooms were extremely detail oriented. I appreciate amenities as much as the next traveler. But it was my girlfriend who was most impressed with the little things. Richie says it's from growing up with sisters. Whatever it is it works!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
minnesota
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We arrived on July 4th front door open, welcome message inviting us to make ourselves at home in this soft contemporary historical home that has everything we love about older homes with character and ambiance paired with an earthiness yet has all the comforts and conveniences of modern design. Wine and Beer offered to guests as they arrive add to even more charm and inviting feeling of this B & B and its owners. The accommodations beautiful and comfortable, and the breakfast was hit out of the park, so amazing! Will go back without a doubt, 5+ stars! Thanks for an amazing experience ! Jeff and Anne Gunderson

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Best atmosphere, best food, best b&b we have ever stayed in. Felt very welcome the moment we walked in the door. We were looking for a hotel and stumbled on to this place... and it became the best part of our weekend. So relaxing and fun. Not an ordinary b&b!
This is a place to keep coming back to!

• Stayed June 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Fantastic experience! The guys running the place are super friendly and very helpful. We came down on a whim this spring and absolutely fell in love with the area, the city, and especially this B&B. This is not your typical old Victorian house B&B jammed with old antiquey looking things, this place has a true conservation and outdoors theme that permeates thru everything from the bedrooms to the bathrooms to the food that is served for breakfast. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a great weekend getaway! Prefect launching pad for day trips up and down Lake Peppin, either by car, bike, or thru the B&B's guided kayak tours.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wabasha
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Lake City
Sunrise Inn
Sunrise Inn
#1 of 2 in Mondovi
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wabasha

Been to Turning Waters Bed, Breakfast and Adventure? Share your experiences!