“A great find!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cross street: Vine
minnesota
“A great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

Trying to find great places to eat that aren't right in the heart of the city is very difficult. I found it here. We were looking for a place to celebrate our anniversary and found Terra Waconia.

The locally sourced menu offered some great options. Their wine selection was great and they provided some great recommendations. We started with a delicious cheese plate and then moved on to an amazing salad. From there I had the goat with couscous and my wife had the ravioli. Perfect.

The service was great -- attentive, and eager to answer any questions.

You can tell this is a place that loves what they do and cares about their industry.

We will be back, again and again. What a find!

• Visited May 2013

“I loved it - again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

Didn't review after my first visit, but feel compelled after my 2nd. Second visit just solidifies that this is the real deal. Really is astounding, first class establishment. Yes, it's a haul. But it is worth it. You have to be flexible, but trust that chef is doing the right thing. Rabbit over potato gnocchi. Goat chops. Monkfish over parsnip purée. Love.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“A gem in a small town.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

We have enjoyed eating at this restaurant for a several years. The quality and variety of food are both outstanding. The owners take pride in serving "local" food and do a fantastic job at creating a "dining out" experience in a small town. We have never been disappointed in the food or service. The restaurant is small and quaint!

1 Thank Louise F
Excelsior, Minnesota
“Outstanding restaurant find in a small town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

Immensely enjoyed dinner last night. Terra is a small, farm-to-table restaurant located in Waconia, MN. It is worth the drive from the Twin Cities. The menu changes daily based on available, fresh ingredients. Our grouped enjoyed pulled-bison nachos and steamed mussels as appetizers. We tried three different excellent salads: mixed green vinaigrette with duck prosciutto and duck egg, classic caesar, and citrus salad. The entrees were meatloaf (mixture of pork, beef, and lamb), grilled sea bass, and homemade ravioli. Yum!

Reservations are necessary and it's not a great place for little ones. Expensive but a great place for a special occasion or date night.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mark L
Minnesota
“Delicious Foodie Faire in a Small Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

I have been to Terra Waconia a few times, most recently this past New Year's Eve, where we enjoyed their four course prix fixe menu. The highlights for me are always the fresh ingredients used in such unique and delicious ways, their interesting wine list, and the art by local artists hanging on the walls. I also appreciate their many gluten free menu offerings. I'm torn between rating Terra as Very Good or Excellent. I do understand why they are one of the more expensive restaurants in the area, and I really enjoy their food, but I've got to say I've had just as good or better faire for a lower price at other restaurants that share the same concept as Terra. And I was a little disappointed that their wine sampler, which was three 3-oz. pours, was $30. The wines were all good and specially paired with the first three courses of my meal, but in my opinion, that's a little steep. It was a special occasion, so I ordered it anyway, and maybe that's what the restaurant was counting on. It's a great place for special occasions or if you're a foodie looking for a fix!

• Visited December 2012