Hiawatha Beach Resort
Chase on the Lake(Walker)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$101
Walker Hotel(Walker)
US$88
US$86
Country Inn Walker(Walker)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$108
All reviewsindoor pool and hot tubpaddle boatsfacilitiescabinaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My entire family and I spent 7 evenings over the 4th of July Holiday at the resort and enjoyed every day to its fullest. We rented cabin #16 and before arriving, I was doubting that everyone would fit comfortably in the 8 rooms. However, in the end, everyone did fit and we all enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. The beach at the resort was perfect for swimming with the kids and the activities that ranged from a dock fishing contest to a rocket building class and then launch were the stuff that life-long memories are made from. The owner and his entire family and staff were all down to earth and went out of their way to help. We were able to get a BBQ from the front desk just about every evening and our family enjoyed the fire pit outside our cabin every night. We would definitely go back and thoroughly enjoyed our trip!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WorldAtlasJGalt
Ben J, Owner at Hiawatha Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Here at Hiawatha Beach we love what we do. We are a family owned and operated resort that has been in business for four generations. The best part of our job is seeing the smiles on the kids and parents faces. It’s pretty awesome knowing that the memories that our guest are making are memories they will cherish for the rest of their lives.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Participated in EELPOUT FEST and stayed at HIAWATHA BEACH RESORT for 3 days. We had 8 guys in our group so you know things are hectic but we couldn't have had more fun at any other resort. Food was good, bar was open, hot tub and pool perfect, room was very very nice. Had snowmobiles along, good parking and trails were nice. Looking forward to summer to go back.

Franklin and friends

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2013

This will be the 46th year my family has been going to Hiawatha Beach. My grandparents and parents took us three kids there in 1967. I remember Tanner and Myrtle Jacobson were the owners then, (Myrtle made the BEST pies, Tanner was the Launch Guide). And Myrtles sister Rachael.... Those two could cook/bake to die for! Then to Stan and Millie Jacobson, (can still hear Stanley's laugh and Millie scolding me one time for not extinguishing the camp fire properly). Then to Larry and Sue, (couldn't ask for two nicer people), and now transitioning to Larry and Sue's kids. A four generation business/resort. Been going back every year since 1967. Some years more than once for some of us. The Jacobson's are committed to improvements and customer satisfaction. It is a very well kept clean family friendly resort. Unfortunately, my grandparents have passed. My parents, us three kids, nine great grand kids (of my grand parents), and five great great grand kids look forward every year to coming back. Twenty five of us, God willing, will be there this year. Along with ~twenty eight family friends, with their own families, that have joined us at Hiawatha Beach for many many years. Wonderful facilities. Indoor pool and hot tub. Top of the line rental boats/motors. Beautiful roomy lodge to gather in. Bicycles to rent. I grew up there. My kids grew up there. And now, my grandkids are growing up there. Don't miss out!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bruce E
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Our family has stayed at Hiawatha Beach Resort for the last 6 years and have reserved our cabin again this year. From the first time we met Larry and the rest of the Jacobson family, we knew this is the place we wanted to spend our summer vacations with our kids. After our first year at Hiawatha Beach, we invited my parents to join us and after their first year they are hooked as well. My brother came from Ohio one year and loved it as well. Our children have grown up there, celebrated birthdays there, and made lifelong friends there The cottages make us feel like we have our own lake home. They are clean, roomy, and modern. The facilities have something for everyone, There is so much to do there the children never have time to get bored. There is an awesome beach, an indoor swimming pool, game room, and the rocket building which is awesome fun for everyone. When you see your child's face light up when the rocket they built goes soaring into the sky, it is the greatest feeling in the world. Once you have given Hiawatha Beach a try, you will never want to leave.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 22 October 2012

While Leech Lake is beautiful and the area is also beautiful, we were underwhelmed by Hiawatha Beach Resort. The equipment and boats were old and worn out. There is no restaurant (just a sandwich cafe) on the premises. The pool and hot tub were just ok and overall clean considering how worn out the facilities were (no kiddie pool). They don't provide towels for either bathing or swimming and it would have been nice to know that beforehand. The high prices don't reflect the shabbiness of the facilities. We still had a nice time because we were with family but we probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family