Chase on the Lake
Walker Hotel(Walker)
Owls Nest Motel(Hackensack)
Longville Inn(Longville)
View Hotel
All reviewsbowling alleyfull kitchencopper doortwo bedroom condogirls weekendbreakfast buffetsteam showerice fishingbeautiful hotelindoor poolbeach areaparking lotwalkersspaeelmndocks
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We travelled 5 hrs with a group of 60 by motorcycle to Chase on the Lake to enjoy a second annual trip to Walker, MN. What a beautiful place that town is. The hotel is centally located, on the beach, walking distance to everything in Walker (the town gets 5 stars, too). The rooms are all excellent. Some friends had suites, some just single rooms. ALL were extremely satisfied. The bedding, mattresses, shower, pool, spa & hot tub - - all excellent.
When we were looking for something to do one evening, we asked if we could use the fire pit on the beach. The answer was "Yes" AND they started the fire, provided heaps of wood AND an entire basket full of Hershey Bars, marshmallows and graham crackers - you see where I'm going with this? What a great stay. My husband played guitar and sang on the beach. Later, we went into their top notch lounge to hear another solo player entertain us.
Terrific!

Room Tip: Other friends tole us to avoid rooms over the restaurant/bar as outdoor patio sound/music travels up through windows.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Yolanna
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My girlfriend and I were looking for a last minute getaway and a friend suggested the Chase.
We had a great time with terrific accommodations, and superb food and service.
The staff couldn't have been nicer!
we biked, hiked and shopped the town.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronald S
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Our room was directly above the restaurant and bar. Could hear the band playing all night. Seems that lots of drunk partiers liked our hallway too because they were standing out there talking and woohooing all night. Needless to say, I slept very little. The rooms are nowhere near soundproof. Worse than a motel 8. The whole weekend was ruined for me due to being so tired. Then to top off our weekend, we tried to use a coupon for a free beer at the resort's 502 restaurant. It said to order a small plate to get a free beer. Well, we ordered the large plate figuring they would still honor the coupon since the food we ordered was three times the cost of the small plate. Nope, they wouldn't take the coupon. My $22 chicken was not even good. was really dissapointed with this resort. I wouldn't mind coming back to Walker, but I would never stay here again, nor could I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Moter98
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We have a lake house but wanted to try something different so we booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with a lake view. It was fantasic!!!! The condo is very modern, clean & roomy. I have nothing negative to say. Its an unique, historical building. Its nice to get up & go to breakfast and have maid service come in. They clean, make beds, replace towels & even start the dishwasher. Its a beautiful place to stay & they have so much to offer, restaurant, spa, bowling alley & pool. Our daughter, her husband & one year old stayed with us & it was never crowded.
And if you want to shop you only have to walk a block or 2 to the downtown. And best yet there is a casino a few miles east of town. So check it out. I can hardly wait to go back.

Room Tip: Try a condo with a lake view, its beautiful. Get one with balcony, they have table & chairs. And it has partial roof so you can sit out there in the rain.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com