“Great Hotel for the Price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Walker Hotel

Walker Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Walker
West Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Hotel for the Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Was on the way up to fish leech lake in the morning,The hotel we looked at booking was filled up.They said they had room when I called early,then told us it was filled. I made a call to Americas Best on the road in the dark in a rain storm looking for a room.Called Americas Best and the staff at the hotel was very accomadating,the rooms were nice and clean and the service was great. It made it a great trip .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank jim z
Shay M, Manager at Walker Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thanks, for your opinion.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Decent price considering we rolled in at 12 am with no reservation. Our room was super clean and updated with modern fixtures etc..., front desk staff extremely accommodating and friendly. Great breakfast selection.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ewisch
Shay M, Manager at Walker Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
We appreciate your views & comment, Thanks !!!
Howard Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago to attend a wedding in Walker. We left in a hurry and I left my glasses in the room. I called them a few hours later, and they said they would mail them to me. I got them a couple of days later, and really appreciated their customer service!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Shay M, Manager at Walker Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
We appreciate your views & comments. Thanks!
Roseville, Minnesota, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Spent two nights for business travel. Nice sized rooms. Stayed on the second floor which had stairs from the lobby. Full bathroom. Bed was great. Shower worked great. Desk in the room I stayed in which had a single bed. The breakfast was decent. Hard boiled eggs, cereal, waffle maker, yogurt, juice, donuts, etc. Nice lobby with a computer. Had broadband WiFi which worked well. Clean rooms. Prompt friendly service at the front desk.

The place apparently had a pool but I didn't have time to use that. Family type restaurant next door, but I did not visit it. TV set was a widescreen LCD with cable but I didn't watch it.

The only complaint, and this is minor, is that the bathroom didn't have a power fan vent. So you had to leave the door open a bit when taking a shower otherwise the room mirror got all steamed up. But on the other hand, you didn't have to listen to fan vent noise coming from other neighboring rooms. I also noticed that if you listened carefully near the walls, you could hear the TV from an adjoining room. Wasn't an issue though.

Paid approximately $65 a night. Good value. Nice place. Would stay here again. The place falls between a Super 8 and a Holiday Inn Express in quality.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PoliticalTraveler
Shay M, Manager at Walker Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
We appreciate your views & comments. We just would like to add, possibly our motel is only a concrete structured one in the area. We definitely value your privacy & peace. Our all efforts are there to maintain peaceful stay, for all guests. We assure you, we have started working on your suggestions.
As the name indicates, Its always going to be AMERICAS BEST VALUED INN ( HOTEL). best in comfort \stay at very right price.
Staples
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

WE spent the day out fishing came to the hotel to check in and warm up in the hot tub GOT GOOSE BUMPS SITTING IN THE HOT TUB cause it wasn't even hot luke warm was all we got. Went to take a shower and warm up that way nope I have never stayed at a hotel that you can actually turn the it all the way to hot here you can again luke warm. In there book of rules in the room is says guest that stay after midnight are charged $6.00 PER PERSON AGAIN THEY CHARGED $10.99 PER PERSON DON'T WASTE THE MONEY STAYING HERE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY AND STAY AT THE CHASE HOTEL AND THE ROOM SMELT SO BAD WE HAD TO OPEN THE WINDOWS!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Kristin M
Shay M, Manager at Walker Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
we are sorry for your experience during your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Walker hotels

Roseville, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is a basic hotel, but the price is in line with this. Bed was comfortable but typical poly-fill pillows (we always bring a few from home).

Only complaint was no refrigerator in our room. Disappointed that the pool heater was out during our stay, but no fault of anyone for that.

The manager was gracious and concerned about the (other people's) kids running around. They quieted down well before the 10 p.m. quiet time, and he even opens the kitchen area for adults to visit after hours, keeping them out of the rooms so it is quieter for the rest of us!

I cannot remember a quieter night's sleep in a hotel!

We will be back if we need a place in Walker again. But will ask for a fridge room.

Room Tip: Ask for a refrigerator.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Shay M, Manager at Walker Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thanks ! we appreciate your views. It is always, a gracious Guest like you, make any establishment worth, value every aspects & circumstances from all angels.
We will sure, will make all efforts to keep refrigerators in all rooms, a proposal has been forwarded to the management.
We look forward for your next visit to Walker, assure you more comfort at Americas best valued way ! As it should be !
Hudson, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

My young daughter and I came to Walker for Ethnic Fest - staying 1 night. The hotel was very clean and the front desk person was very friendly. We checked in quickly to get into town for the festivities. We stopped back a few hours later to change and I noticed our door was open. I checked the room & it seemed to be fine. I discovered that the door did not lock from the outside - meaning anyone could walk in. I immediately went to the front desk to see about another room. A different person was working at the front desk by now - I told him our door wouldn't lock - he said is it room 204? - I was shocked he knew what room before I told him - obviously there was a known issue with the room. He couldn't give me a new room because they were full. I told him i didn't want to stay in a room that didn't lock. I asked to speak to a manager & he said there was no one there. I went back to my room & called other hotels - all full. I then checked the lock from the inside - that too didn't lock. I went back to the front desk & told him it was unacceptable to sleep in a room the didn't lock at all. He said there wasn't anything he could do. Within a few minutes, he came up with tools & was able to fix the inside lock so it would lock while we slept. It still did not lock on the outside so our personal items were not safe. We didn't have a choice but to stay. When checking out, I mentioned to the woman at the front desk what had happened & that I was upset that there was nothing that could be done. I called the following day to reach a manager - he said he was very sorry for the inconvenience & said that no one mentioned it to him. We spoke for a few minutes and basically I told him that I wouldn't be staying there again. In our conversation I didn't have a hard time understanding what he was saying so I asked if he was saying that I would be reimbursed for the night stay. He said yes. I said I was glad that they made it right & appreciated his help. A few weeks later, the reimbursement never came so I called him back - leaving 3 messages for him. I tried one more time and reached him - he said he never claimed he would reimburse the night stay - he didn't have the authority to do so. He said because they were able to fix the lock on the inside - they didn't feel there was an issue. Having the door unlocked on the outside is ridiculous! I sent an email as the manager indicated with my complaint and never heard back. We come to Walker quite a few times a year - we will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Sue B
Shay M, Manager at Walker Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Inconvenience caused to you is regretted. Nothing more I can tell you on your extended narrated views .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walker
Country Inn Walker
#5 of 8 in Walker
Super 8 Park Rapids
Super 8 Park Rapids
#2 of 8 in Park Rapids

Been to Walker Hotel? Share your experiences!