“Main Street cafe, USA”

The Outdoorsman Cafe
Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Walker
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stopped in for a late lunch at this old-fashioned small town café in the heart of Minnesota lake country. No frills, no big surprises, but no disappointments either. My wife and I had a mushroom burger and a patty melt - both were, well, unsurprising, but good. An ample side of French fries for each and there we are. I suspect you could do much worse and not a whole lot better in any other comparable place.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had a good breakfast here. My husband had a breakfast sandwich and I had the egg's benedict. Both were tasty. Prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I've been to The Outdoorsman Cafe many times over the last 4 years and I can't get enough! For breakfast, be sure to try the Egg's Benedict, the amazing French toast, or the breakfast burrito (the green chile sauce is to die for). They have better coffee than any other cafe I've been to and the mugs are adorable! The service is casual but attentive, and it's usually the family running things in front and behind the counter. Prices are fair and portions are plentiful. Lunch is also awesome there. My favorite two items are the Cuban sandwich and BLT salad with chicken! They blow Granite City's Cuban out of the water and the salad always has fresh romaine lettuce and hot, just cooked chicken. Yum! Prepare yourself though. If you come during peak, busy time, you'll have to camp out in the entryway and keep your eye open for tables leaving! Every hungry customer for his or herself :).

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We enjoyed our traditional breakfast here--a short walk from Chase on the Lake, where we were staying. We each had the breakfast special--eggs over medium, bacon, toast, and yummy crispy hash browns. Not fancy, but friendly, speedy service.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Typical small town cafe with great food. I had the breakfast special burrito which was very tasty. The omelette for my wife was great also. Prices very reasonable. Only mark in the negative was it was quite warm inside but not unbearable. A/C was obviously not working. This was our second visit.

1  Thank ehrmy

Been to The Outdoorsman Cafe? Share your experiences!