“Incredible BBQ”

Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Walker
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fast, Fresh, Fabulous BBQ!!! Made fresh daily so you may want to call ahead and reserve if you have a large group/take out or want something special. Full Bar, Craft Beer, Wine, Desserts! Dine in or take out. Happy Hour!!!!
Milwaukee, WI
“Incredible BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I make great BBQ and have tasted great BBQ all over the country and I'm telling you this is it! For those who complain that they run out of food--of course! You can't just throw some ribs on a griddle and call it BBQ. It is low and slow and when you run out you can't just whip some up! Go to any great BBQ joint and you'll experience the same thing. I would put this BBQ against the places I've been in St. Louis, Kansas City and Memphis. They seriously know what they are doing. Plus they are as nice as can be. A great addition to the northern MN restaurant scene!

• Visited June 2014

Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Kansas City BBQ that does not disappoint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We vacation in the walker area every year. We have wanted to try eating at the piggy and finally had a chance this past trip. I should mention that we tried eating here on a Saturday in the evening... they were sold out. We were bummed, but a local brewery (Third Street) was having an event so we hung out for a while and after sometime the owner came out and gave us a sampling of his "rejects" from the day. They were incredible and we knew then that we had to come back to try the non-rejects. We came back a couple days later near around 12. They were not sold out yet, but during our trip I did see them sold out as early as 12. We had a large group and sat outside. Our waitress was extremely nice, I believe she was the spouse of the owner. She was friendly and funny. Our group ordered nearly one of everything off the menu so we got a very good tasting of everything offered.

The ribs were hand down the favorite of the group. We also had pulled pork, burnt ends, beef brisket, cornbread, coleslaw and baked beans. All of the food was well cooked. The sauce was spot on both spicy and sweet. The rub on the meat was perfect. The sides were good portions. The baked beans were loaded with pulled pork. Everything was top notch down to the home made root beer.

Walker does not have many places to eat, but even if they had 100 places to eat I would still recommend this one as number one! If you're in the area or just driving through and you have the time I highly recommend a stop here!

Fargo, North Dakota
“Exactly what I expected...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

It's so hard for me to "just pick a place to eat. " I value food reviews the most because I have a love for food. This place is exactly what I expected from the reviews. Service is not great but certainly far from poor too. The food is AMAZING, melts in your mouth kind of food. Simple but very tasty. Party of 3, got there around 12, got the last indoor seating, there are also outside tables but no shade. We were warned that the food may take up to half hour from time it is placed, so don't go there if you are in a rush. It really didn't take that long bc I think we got lucky with our timing but the total time in did take about an hour and we were trying to rush out. By the time we left at 1pm, they started selling out of menu items. Get there early! Worth going. Root beer was good too. Cute small place, probably not a good idea for large parties. Enjoy!

Illinois
“Norther Minnesota's version of Seinfeld's Soup Nazi!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

If you don't get here by 2pm or don't make a reservation, don't even try. The wonderful couple who run the joint spends 2/3 of their day explaining why they are out of food. Seriously, I heard them tell the same story (including to us on our first night there, which we were told "no bbq for you!") at least a dozen or more times. But if you can get the food, it is worth it. And it's pretty inexpensive for the quality too. It's great to meet someone this committed to excellence!

1 Thank IllinoisSoccerdoctor
Marietta, Georgia
“Every review is right-on about The Piggy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

During our family reunion, I suggested that we try The Piggy since it had received so many glowing reviews! While in Walker, enjoying the town's Crazy Days, we agreed to meet at 11:30 for lunch. We made reservations, so we were lucky enough to be seated immediately instead of the one hour wait that those without reservations endured. The root beer in frosted mugs was the best I've ever tasted. The food was amazing! Several of us had the ribs, which were absolutely fabulous! The cornbread was amazing! The folks having the brisket and BBQ raved about their food. The service was prompt and super friendly. I'm sure this will be one of our favorite meals while on Leech Lake!

1 Thank Lana K

Been to The Piggy BBQ? Share your experiences!