“Cozy, welcoming, and comfortable”

Sakatah Bay Resort Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waterville
Sakatah Bay Resort Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waterville
Lake Forest, California
“Cozy, welcoming, and comfortable”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I chose Sakatah Bay Resort because I wanted to experience being on that lovely lake again after an absence from Waterville for many decades. It didn't disappoint! The owners were friendly and made sure that I was comfortable and had what I needed. I loved watching the ducks and geese on the lake during the day, and the quiet ambience of the place at night. Reminded me of a rustic fishing lodge.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank mjroe2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Marshall, MN
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The rooms here are quite small, but they do have a refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot in a kitchenette area separated from the bedroom so that when I wake up early, my wife can sleep in without me disturbing her. So when I woke up, I made some coffee and then stepped out the back door and sat and looked over the lake. Saw a loon Sunday morning on the lake & watched the birds feed in the back yard also. We enjoyed our stay very much & the owners are exceptionally nice people. The Hilton it is not, but friendly mom & pop resort on the lake, it is!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tom v
Minneapolis
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Recently stayed here as we were desperate for a place that would be convenient to our reunion. What looked like a swamp in the backyard turned out to be a haven for nature and provided a show right outside the door.

The room was small but very clean. It had the basic necessities plus a small refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was tiny but it had a clean, hot shower and that's all we needed.

Coffee was available nearby at the Casey's convenience store. There is also a restaurant/bar next door to the motel.

The owners live in the motel and this guarantees no noisy disturbances from other guests. They provide a fire pit and firewood for the guests. There are lots of chairs and a swing to sit on. There is a small dock to walk out of try fishing and we saw lots of fish jumping up. There is also a big sand box area for kids to play with lots of sand related toys.

I am happy that we gave this place a try and look forward to planning another trip to the area for fall colors.

Room Tip: The motel has a variety of accommodations from a two bedroom apartment with a huge deck and lakeview...