“Nice Family meal”

The Chequers Pub & Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Westoning
Cuisines: European, Italian, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Chequers is a great Pub in the heart of Westoning, just off Junction 12 of the M1. A great place to eat, drink and relax. No pool tables or fruit machines just good old fashioned pub values with a quality food offering.
Bedfordshire, England, United Kingdom
“Nice Family meal”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Chequers has recently changed owners and they have certainly improved the quality of food on offer and the dining experience.
Only criticism is that the price of shorts in particular is very high for tiny pub measures.
Food was well presented and good value for an above average meal.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 570Russ21

Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Good food-poor service”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We have enjoyed many meals at the Chequers in the past but sadly this evening the meal was spoilt by very poor service. Our starters arrived 45minutes after being seated and the two courses took a total of two hours. The few staff that were present walked by constantly with no form of explanation as to the unacceptable delays. Also in the ladies toilet, one toilet seat was broken and one tap lever was missing. Hope this is not a sign of your standards slipping.

Visited May 2014
Philip K, Owner at The Chequers Pub & Kitchen, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Jeebob-
I am so sorry to see your review and to hear that you had such a disappointing last visit to us. There is no excuse for such a long wait for food and if there had been an issue in the kitchen you should certainly have received some sort of explanation and apology from our staff. I will certainly be looking into why this was not the case and ask that you call me directly on 01525 712967 so that I can obtain some further information about your most unsatisfactory visit. Regarding the ladies toilets, you are completely right that these are in need of attention. I was not aware until today of the broken tap and seat and these are now being rectified. However we are very aware that the ladies toilets do not currently match the high standards we are so proud of in the rest of the pub. We have already committed to refurbing these facilities within the next couple of months and in the meantime we will ensure they are of acceptable standard and not what you unfortunately experienced last time.
Lastly- please be assured that at The Chequers we are fully committed to maintaining and improving upon our standards constantly. I can personally assure you that standards will not be allowed to slip and the issues you have raised here will be addressed immediately. Again, please do call me on the above number so that I can apologise in person and discuss with you further.
Kind Regards,
Philip.
Houghton Conquest, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb Dining Experience”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Thankyou the chequers, had the most fantastic food, superbly presented alongside 1st class service, you really couldn't ask for a better dining experience, and so very reasonably priced. Needless to say I shall be visinting again very soon :)

1 Thank Sam N
Toddington, United Kingdom
“Mama Mia Night!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Have visited several times and always had a lovely meal - Last night was the first time we had taken the opportunity of Mama Mia Night. My pasta was delicious, prawn and crayfish spaghetti and I asked for it to be chillied up a bit! My partners pizza was also very good, light and juicy and full of flavour. Look forward to taking advantage of the Monday night offer again soon!

2 Thank Cheryl M
London, United Kingdom
“Really nice little find”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Found this place by accident while looking for somewhere to have a lunch while driving down the M1 to London. Only a couple of miles off the M1 and definitely worth the diversion. Lovely pub / dining room, one of the best Sunday lunches I have had in a long time and very nice and friendly staff. Would recommend highly.

2 Thank Alex F