“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I booked two rooms for friends who were in town for the weekend. The rooms were very nice and clean. The bathroom area is quite small but adequate. They had adjoining rooms so they were able to open the door between rooms. It gave them more space and it was very convenient. They enjoyed the breakfast and thought the hotel overall was great. Friday evening we ate dinner at the adjoining restaurant and it was fantastic. After a long week, and a long drive they were happy to enjoy a quality dinner without having to leave the hotel. The hotel is only a couple of blocks from the lake so they were able to take a morning walk along the water before breakfast. Great location, great stay, great food.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Alma
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed at the Best Western White Bear Country Inn while in Minnesota for a business trip. The property has been very well maintained and updated. it was clean, comfortable, quiet and the service at the front desk was exceptional. The attached restaurant was also very good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Tamassee
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

When we arrived there was a double booking for the specific type room I had booked. The staff especially Nick bent over backwards and somehow arranged to get the room for us Thank you.
The hotel is unique in it's setup with the indoor pool in the middle and rooms around it. The breakfast was very good and the food from the grill was great.
It was a pleasant stay and would recommend the hotel.
My only negative was the bath area which is small and the vanity is not private.

• Stayed November 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I've stayed at White Bear Country in for several years and it keeps getting better. I can't say enough about the staff. A special thanks to Nick Giusti, Guest Services Manager and Eric Perkins, General Manger. They've put together a very good team that is customer driven.

Room Tip: I like second floor rear.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
BFoussard, Owner at Best Western Plus White Bear Country Inn, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Love to hear from all our guests but especially from those that stay often. As you are our best eyes to make sure things are not only continuing to get better but also that we are not letting down on meeting our guests needs and providing the best experience as possible when staying with us. Nothing better than having loyal return guests. Thank you Thank you

Aitkin, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Best Western White Bear has been a weekly stop for me for quite a few years now. I travel to the cities every week and call Nick Giusti, Guest Services Manager. He always is a friendly voice to hear while out on the road. The staff all know me by first name and are extremely welcoming and courteous. I could stay anywhere in the twin cities, but I only stay at Best Western White Bear. The hotel is clean and inviting, the restaurant is excellent, and everyone gives such great service. It really is the Best!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
BFoussard, Owner at Best Western Plus White Bear Country Inn, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you so much Heidi!
We are thrilled to hear your are a frequent guest. We love having you here you have become one of the family! If there is ever any thing we can do for you just ask.

See you again soon

Huntington Beach, California, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

First, I have to say the hotel offers comfortable looking rooms. I found mine to be a bit dirty with a dozen dust bunnies/ cobwebs hanging off the ceiling above the beds, but I didn't notice any bed bugs or other dirty areas. I brought the issue to the management's attention and they did have my ceiling cleaned the second day I was here. I killed one ant in the bathroom as well, but didn't see any others.

Breakfast is nothing to write home about. A few donuts, bread, bagels and a vat of eggs and sausage that looked like it had been sitting a while. There was a waffle maker but I didn't try it. I recommend the yogurt. Otherwise there is a McDonald's next door and they do breakfast. :)

My biggest complaint is the internet. My fairly new ipad will not stay connected for more than 2 webpages without being dropped. To reconnect I had to power off the device and then relaunch it I switched to my laptop and experienced the same issue. Insanely frustrating if you need to work in your room, or just want to check email or facebook. Glad I brought my phone with me or I'd have no reliable internet connection in the room. There is a business center with a computer or two, if you want to surf the internet that would be your best bet.

I had a first floor room and they gave me earplugs on the nightstand. The only noise I heard was the sound of slamming doors of other rooms. A coworker of mine said he heard pool noise until the children's cut off hour: 10PM.

I used the gym, it was nice enough. 2 treadmills, and elliptical and a weight bench. A suggestion I might make would be to open it at 5AM, not 6AM. For any guest who wants to work out, shower, have breakfast and be at a meeting in town by 8AM an earlier hour of gym access would be a bonus. The pool and hot tub looked inviting but I didn't use them this time.

If I could make another suggestion...take down the taxidermy special stuffed polar bear from the area above the breakfast tables. With polar bears being an endangered species I found this to be in bad taste. Perhaps replace it with a mural of white bears around the lake? Otherwise if this is a fake bear, let us animal lovers know with a sign nearby.

Not the worst hotel I've ever stayed in, but not the best. Oh, and in case you're curious, in the time it took me to write this review, my iPad lost it's internet connection. Twice.

Room Tip: Don't plan on using the internet here. Everyone in my travel group experienced issues from diff...
Green Features: They encourage guests to reuse towels. I hung up a few towels to reuse but the maid replaced them anyway. Good service at least.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered. Can you please help us to look into the internet issue we need the dates you stayed and the room number to have the WIFI tested. Here is my cell number please call me directly at 651-271-5985 I want to do whatever it takes to make you happy as well as address your concerns for future stays. I promise you I have spoken with our General Manager and our staff about all the items in your review so things can be corrected where needed, this is how we can keep improving. Please call you will be doing us a great service to be able to check the specifics of our internet.

White Bear Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 October 2013

great location in a quaint town of White Bear Lake. not too big, but well managed property with attention to details. easy well maintained parking, Pretty flower garden areas and covered drive thru entrance, inviting rooftop outdoor lounge! Well known fine restaurant inside the hotel. Upscale pool area. clean.
charming lobby with a friendly and helpful staff. Special appreciation to guest services mngr, Nick Giusti, for friendly welcome and great service. we always come to a comfortable, clean room. like the in room wifi, large tv, etc. Housekeepers here are always working hard. they do a great job and are quiet. there are many newer inns around but this one is special and well attended to! love the shops and cafes in this pretty town. Carol H.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
BFoussard, Owner at Best Western Plus White Bear Country Inn, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you so much for being a frequent guest, we truly appreciate your business. So glad you have been able to experience out quaint town and all it has to offer. Our staff loves to get feedback thank you for the kind words.

Hope to see you again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Bear Lake
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul Northeast
Hampton Inn & Suites Lino Lakes
Holiday Inn Express Vadnais Heights
Holiday Inn Express Vadnais Heig...
#3 of 3 in Vadnais Heights
Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Paul Northeast
Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Paul ...
#2 of 3 in Vadnais Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview
Best Western Regency Plaza Hotel - St. Paul East

Been to Best Western Plus White Bear Country Inn? Share your experiences!