“Decent Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Winona
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed here for business and it is a nice Hotel. I think it was actually a Holiday Inn as it doesn't quite fit the decor of most new Holiday Inn Express hotels that I've stayed in. Staff was friendly, it is walking distance to a Green Mill bar/ restaurant. Rooms are clean, price is pretty good. I'd recommend it for business.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 June 2013

The hotel was clean, modern and the staff was nice. The check in process was fast and painless. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was quick and convenient. Although I didn't use the pool, the area it looked nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jolene H
Holiday I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Jolene,

Thank you so much for the kind words! And thank you for staying with us we truely enjoyed having you.

Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

Actually, the Express and their sister hotel across the parking lot are really great spots. It was the busy Winona State graduation weekend and they took my name for the wait list, then promptly called me that they had a room. After staying there a few more times after an earlier review where I was critical of staff for their "not caring" attitude for a noisy laundry room next tour room--I now retract that. The front desk crew is on top of it. If I had one complaint, I wish they'd give a break on the pet fee for those of us that are frequent guests that have "proven" pups (that are cleaner and more behaved than a lot of humans). The extra $25 savings would be nice to spend at Green Mill across the way!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank MNTravelGuy213
Holiday I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you for your review. I have shared your comments with the staff and we are all very Appreciative of your kind words. We hope to see you back soon! Enjoy your summer!

Reviewed 27 April 2013

My family was visiting Winona to celebrate a 100th birthday of a family member. I called this hotel to book three rooms for varying lengths of stay. I had researched the rates online, but given the situation, I thought it would be simpler to call the hotel directly. The reservation process went fine, until I hung up and realized they never gave me a rate quote. When I called back to ask about it, they quoted me significantly more than what I found on numerous travel sites. The woman had to get a manager before approving that she could get me the same rate as online. I wish they would have given me the rate upfront.

Otherwise, the stay was nice. I was given two adjoining rooms as requested and the hotel staff was efficient and friendly. The hotel lobby, halls, rooms and breakfast and pools area were clean. I picked this hotel because there were six children ages 8 months to six years and the pool area seemed nice based on hotel and previous guest photos posted on Trip Advisor. The little ones really enjoyed the wade-in kiddy pool and slide, while the older ones loved jumping into the regular pool.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Audie79
Holiday I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you for your review!.. We value the feedback that we get from out guests and yours feedback is shared with our staff in our training meetings. I do appologize that you had to call the hotel back to recieve a rate that should have been given to you right away. But i am glad to hear that the rest of your stay was great and the kids enjoyed the pool area. Again thank you for taking the time to reveiw our hotel and we are looking forward to seeing you again next time you come to Winona.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here while on a weekend getaway with our young child. We'd stayed in other motels/hotels previous nights in other nearby towns on a driving trip and this was the best of the bunch. It's a newer facility so it's fresh and up to date. The bed was very comfortable, good bedding, fantastic pool and sauna. We thought it was a very good value overall. We had a suite and it was convenient with lots of room, a fridge, separate bedroom. We had called in advance to confirm that the living room had a pull out couch and that there was bedding to go with it. In every other hotel on our trip, we arrived to find the pullout bed made and ready, but not here. That would have been very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rebkitty
Holiday I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I am so pleased you had a enjoyable stay and everything was there to meet your hotel needs. We are looking forward to the next time you come through Winona. Thank you again!

Reviewed 31 March 2013

This is my second time staying in this hotel, once when they opened a few years ago and this past weekend. Let me start by saying this is by far, the nicest hotel in Winona. Clean, nice staff, decent free breakfast, nice pool area. The only items I noticed on the most recent stay were just a few things that with a little more care and deep cleaning, could easily be fixed to make it really shine.
The items being:
- we had a room with a suite and table with chairs, one of lightbulbs were burned out above the table, making it darker in the room
- I noticed that ALL carpet edging and corners in the hotel (rooms, halls, etc.) are dusty or dirty and have not been vacuumed for some time
- It may have just been our room, but the sleeping pillows were HORRIBLE. I am assuming the originals from a few years ago--based on them being bumpy, disformed, not really even what I would even define as a pillow. An "F" grade on the pillows.
With just a few tweaks, this hotel could really shine again and warrant the prices they charge and probably score an excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2013

My mother was in the hospital in Winona. She was not going to make it and I was exhausted. My husband got a room at the holiday inn express in Winona. It was 11 AM when we went over there. I had been up all night. The desk staff was great about finding me a room we could check into early. I so appreciated that. The room was great, bed comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Holiday I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Dear JLTTKS 111,

Thank you so much for the kind review. We were happy to help and hope all is well with your family.!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Winona
The Plaza Hotel & Suites
#5 of 7 in Winona
Express Suites Riverport Conference and Event Center
GrandStay Hotel & Suites La Crosse
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona? Share your experiences!