“Pleasantly Pleased!”

Express Suites Riverport Conference and Event Center
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Winona
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We were in LaCrosse for the State Track Meet and had not booked well in advance. Of course all in LaCrosse was booked. We called to check for cancellations and one hotel recommended Winona Minnesota which is only 30 minutes drive away (and a beautiful drive I might add). Riverport Inn Express Suites had rooms available. We arrived very late after a VERY LONG and HOT day! The front desk person (Jordan) was exceptionally cheerful and quick to help us check in. The rooms were clean and nice looking. We were still able to use the pool area even that late at night. It was clean and very attractive with the murals painted on the walls. In the morning we ate a very hot and tasty breakfast (my kids LOVED the waffle makers). The housekeeping staff was very friendly and helpful as well (we needed more shampoo for the thick hair in our family :). My only negative was that the tub drain plugs did not work effectively in either of the rooms we had (minor in my estimation but would expect this would be inspected and resolved. All in all I would definitely recommended Riverport Inn Express Suites. It is well worth the drive from the UW LaCrosse track.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 September 2010

The staff was very friendly and informative. Nick working at the front desk was great with local info for places to eat. This hotel would also be good for a family because it has a nice pool area. Continental Breakfast in the morning was good. It had waffles and hard boiled eggs, cereal, etc.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We stayed here after driving all the way from eastern PA in one day -- we actually started looking for hotels hundreds of miles earlier, but everything was booked solid. A big thunderstorm was threatening up ahead on I-90, it was after 11 p.m., and I'd been driving since 5 a.m. -- I was getting a bit anxious. We left the interstate for Winona, and tried three hotels with no luck before hitting the Riverside. What a relief -- not only did they have a room available, but all their rooms are suites -- perfect for a four-member family like ours. The staff was a little slow and confused (initially they put us in a room that had already been given to another family!) but they corrected the mistake cheerfully and were very pleasant people. The room itself was great -- spacious, clean and quiet. We got a great night's sleep. If we intended to stay longer, this would have made a great base camp -- the suite had a refrigerator and plenty of room to stretch out. The hotel has a nice little pub on the ground floor and is in a good central location in Winona, which is a pretty little town on the Mississippi. I'd gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2010

I found this hotel a bit outdated. However, after talking to the new manager and having a discussion of their renovation plans I found this hotel to be a good value for family travel. What a great indoor pool they have.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2008

This is no longer a Best Western. Still called Riverport Inn, but afilliated with Express. This motel is definitly a cut above the norm. Appears to be quite new, as everything is in good condition and decor is on the upscale side. Room was average size, but nicely furnished, including a frige and microwave. Bathroom was large for a motel, and had a whrilpool tub with shower. Even a small TV in the bathroom, viewable from the tub, for anyone who is hopelessly addicted to the tube.
Free breakfast bar was also good, with cereal, fruit, waffles, etc. in a pleasent area. Small bar with restaurant was on premises looked OK, but we didn't use it. Large indoor pool room also looked good. Room was fairly quiet.
All this was a bit pricey at $100 for a fall weekend night,
but if you don't mind the price most peole will be pleased here.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 25 November 2007

My husband and I stayed in the ’57 Chevy Fantasy Suite. The suite was really cheesy and the layout of the room wasn’t thought out well. For example: When in the hot tub, it wasn’t facing the TV so you couldn’t watch. Also, getting in and out of the Chevy bed was a pain. You had to open the heavy door each time and there was no place to set a drink if you were lying on the bed.

The only complaint I had about the hotel was that the room was FREEZZING cold when we arrived. It took a good 30-40 mins before the room was at a good temperature.

The pool area looked nice and adequate in size. The continental breakfast was also nice. Nothing fancy, but good food.

I’ve lived in Winona for many years and the Riverport is one of the best.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2007

I stay at this Best Western every year while attending a horse show. My rooms have always been large and well appointed, and the staff is always friendly, flexible and helpful. If I were spending hundreds for a room, I might expect a little more, but the Best Western Winona is exactly what should be expected for the price paid.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winona
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona
The Plaza Hotel & Suites
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Winona
Days Inn Winona
Days Inn Winona
#6 of 7 in Winona
AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront
Hampton Inn & Suites La Crosse Downtown

Been to Express Suites Riverport Conference and Event Center? Share your experiences!