“Disappointed Level of Profesionalism”

Express Suites Riverport Conference and Event Center
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Winona
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Disappointed Level of Profesionalism”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I did NOT find this hotel satisfactory. The service here is less than accommodating! I found they wouldn't own up to resolving mistakes they had made, and often wouldn't honor their own discounts!

Their in house restaurant was exceptionally rude, I often was served without being offered water. On one occasion the condiments from our table were taken and given to another table while we were still eating and without asking. I regularly saw them restock ice in the bar with the same bus-tub that was used to clear tables!

Over all I was treated as if I wasn't a valued customer...

If you are coming on vacation or business be warned!!!

Room Tip: Avoid the in house services, don't expect a high degree of accountability on their part
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank R T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lebanon In
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is older but clean. Customer service is excellent. Very nice & clean seating for breakfast. It is a little ways off interstate (7 mi) it is a nice place to stay. Target is next door. They are pet friendly.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank soshinecilla
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We booked a couple of rooms, sight unseen and without any looking at any reviews. We had never heard of this place, and it surpassed the quality of many chain hotels we've stayed in four the same price.

Our rooms were clean, comfortable and had amenities such as a microwave and refrigerator. There was a 40 inch flat screen TV with full cable and HBO.

The lobby was spacious and well kept, and the staff were helpful and cheerful.

The continental breakfast is fine, those ample room for seating.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chad H
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My entire stay was horrible. I chose this place because every other place was booked in Winona. I came to Winona from Florida for a funeral. Nobody can plan a death so I called all around on short notice. I went to the website and notice 2 reviews that said they were a great place. After my stay I posted my complaint on Riverport Inn's website. Lets see if they really post it. I found this website and read threw the reviews and noticed the manager responded to each complaint with similar answers starting way back in 1996 and is still saying the same line on more recent ones. In 3 complaints I read the staff at the front counter was not good, In other complaints the rooms were dirty. Well we are in 2014 and this is my complaint that I already posted on Riverport Inn Express Suites page-
You will feel just like you are at home. You will do your own cleaning as the rooms are dirty so bring your own cleaning supplies. I had to wipe the dresser that the television was on and all other tables. Behind the television there was a blanket of dust. Also a toilet scrubber is a must along with some heavy duty tile cleaner for the border of the walls in the bathroom, you might want to bring extra towels as the pool won't have any so if you are big like me you will have to do the walk of shame or horror like I did and just a tip: the bar area is located right by the pool, and the revolving entrance doors don't help a women to walk by unnoticed if you get what I am saying, also maybe your own bathroom spray since the ventilation does not work well, and your own blankets as we found white/yellow crusty stuff on ours. I did not find it until I pulled the blanket up to my face and felt something rough on my chin area. I kept my finger on the spot and turned the light on to find some sort of something crusty on it, lets hope it was milk. I did try calling staff with no answer. I even walked down to the front to find nobody. So I ignored the fact that all this is happening because my husband and I were leaving back home to Florida the next morning so we wanted to make the best of our vacation. I tossed the nasty blanket on the floor cranked the heat and dozed off to be woken up by a loud clunk followed by a Harley motorcycle being started and running for an half an hour each time. That happened about 3 times in the night. After a long period of listening I realized someone was taking a shower nobody was starting a Harley it was the loud pipes in the wall the entire time. The morning had a great continental breakfast. The morning staff were available at all times needed. My checkout was easy and that staff member was very pleasant. I cannot make judgment on the pm staff since I was unable to find them. I would give them a 2 out of 10 for good breakfast and comfortable pillows. I will never come back. Anyone reading this please suggest where is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Clean every part of the rooms. Wash all bedding including comforter more often. Tiles in the bathroo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Monte B
riverportinn, General Manager at Express Suites Riverport Conference and Event Center, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Oh My Goodness! Please call me asap so we can discuss your stay with us!
Iowa City
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This is probably our 10th stay at the Riverport over the last 15 years. Always a great value and the staff is superior in their friendliness and service. the free continental breakfast is always bountiful. The pool and spa can be a bit noisy, but we've never had a bad stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert M
Chicago
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed at the Riverport inn for an extended weekend after having visited Winona on many occasions and never known of their existence. We were greeted by an extremely courteous and helpful staff who informed us of hotel amenities (excellent breakfast). Our room was very clean and comfortable. Great pool area and restaurant attached. Target is right outside your door in case you forgot any essentials. I wanted to acknowledge Emily who works at the front desk and is a big reason why we will be staying at the Riverport inn on all our future stays in Winona. Although it's listed as a 2 star hotel, if give the hotel and it staff 4 stars!!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Ruben R
Owatonna, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The staff was great very helpful throughout the whole stay for the MS River Road Run with over 40 motorcycle riders, plus other volunteers. Check in was easy. The banquet service, buffet style, was kept full of food and hot. The breakfast area is large with plenty of room and good variety of food. The building is not new, but kept in good condition, for the price range. We had a King room with Jacuzzi tub and a very large screen TV, plus frig and micro wave.

Room Tip: If people are noisy upstairs, you can hear it in first floor rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winona
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona
AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront
The Charmant Hotel
The Charmant Hotel
#1 of 20 in La Crosse

Been to Express Suites Riverport Conference and Event Center? Share your experiences!