“Wonderful Experience”

Blue Heron Coffee House
Ranked #2 of 89 Restaurants in Winona
Cuisines: American
Description: Great coffee, great food and great books. Best place in Winona to hang out, eat, renew.
Reviewed 7 January 2014

In November, I went to Blue Heron. Two things attracted me; the bookstore, which is called The Bookshelf, and the Blue Heron, because of it's menu. I had a vegetarian sandwich that was amazing. The atmosphere in there is so nice. Everyone is friendly, helpful, and the food and coffee choices are amazing. I am returning there in March, to eat, and to shop, and I am very much looking forward to trying something else on the menu.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

While in Winona, 3 different businesses suggested I try the Blue Heron Coffee House. WOW! I am so glad I took their advice! The homemade sandwich and soup was out of this world delicious! Great selection of unique sandwiches and the service was great! Don't miss visiting this place on your way through Winona!

1  Thank PEJ4
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Nice inviting atmosphere. Enjoy that there is a bookstore. Lots of seating and a lot of art and pictures on the wall. The best seat is tucked back in corner of book store, a nice cushy high back chair. Great way to spend a lazy morning.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Nice staff, great cafe mocha latte, and a wonderful bookstore with seating where you can sip and read. Perfect!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We had an early dinner at Blue Heron Coffee House. My husband had a sandwich, and I a salad, and both of us loved our entrees! Blue Heron serves up wonderful, fresh and artfully presented, locally sourced dishes. The service was friendly, and the setting is casual (well, it is a coffee place, after all), but well-done casual--real plates and glasses (not paper and plastic). And, as a bonus, you can peruse the charming bookstore after you have finished eating! Great little place.