“Clean and comfortable family owned motel”
Review of Sugar Loaf Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winona
Sugar Loaf Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Winona B&B and Inns
Charlevoix, Mi.
“Clean and comfortable family owned motel”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Sugar Loaf is a small older motel that is family owned. I stayed 3 days and found my stay to be very comfortable and the price was good. Property has WiFi and is very close to everything and within walking distance to gas station and McDonalds. Staff is very nice and helpful. I would stay again when in town.

Room Tip: Rooms to left side of office are away from the gas station and a bit more quiet, I had no issues w t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Michael H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My son is a college student at Winona State and I visit Winona several times a year. Stayed here for the first time and was very satisfied with my stay. Agree with previous posts, motel has no special amenities and isn't too attractive. However, I checked out the room first and it was very clean and comfortably warm. Staff was very friendly. Has everything I need for a short weekend stay and I found the price to be great value for the quality of room I got. I've stayed at a few other places in Winona and will definitely return to Sugar Loaf Motel for the price. No complaints :-)

Room Tip: Go check out the room before checking in. It will convince you to stay at the motel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank John S
NORTHFIELD
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was visiting my son at college and decided to spend the night. There isn't a large selection of lodging options and the per night rate reflects it. I read about the Sugar Loaf Motel as old, but clean a fair price. I decided to try, checking the room out and if not acceptable ... go next door. Well it is an older building, but very clean and comfortable. It is right by Kwik Tirp, McDonalds and a busy intersection ... yet a quiet room. The linen was clean! The best part was paying a total price of $55, instead of near double or more. The room had a refrigerator, microwave, strong wireless signal and tv. It was a great value!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank DEAN D
Orange Park
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I do a lot of traveling for work. This February, I found myself in Winona, MN. After checking several hotel/motels in the area, I stopped in at the Sugar Loaf Motel. I was quoted a very good price for weekly stays and chose to call the Sugar Loaf my temporary home for two weeks. The rooms are clean and adequate in size. The water pressure for showers is great. There was a fridge, microwave, and desk table in my room. The wall mounted TV had a ton of channels, including HBO. The location is close to fuel and shopping, and within a couple miles of several places to eat. When I have to travel to, or through Winona, Minnesota I will be staying at the Sugar Loaf Motel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank zamguy2013
Rome City, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This motel is a little gem that could easily be overlooked. There isn't a lot of parking and it's right next to a busy gas station, but it is worth getting around those issues. From the outside, it looks old and shabby, but the rooms are just old...and not in a bad way. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the condition of everything from the bathroom fixtures to the microwave and fridge. The room was very clean, comfortable, and quiet...despite the gas station just outside. The gentleman who checked me in was very friendly and helpful. The room provided a good selection of cable channels and I had strong, reliable internet access all night. My bill totaled an even $50, which was considerably less than the other area properties. The room DID have air condition and was quite comfortable. My bed had clean linen and I slept very well in it. I would not hesitate to stay here again if I get back to the area for a night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Rick D
Canon City, Colorado
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Many, if not most of the motels in town were full. We just drove by the Sugar Loaf and checked it out. It is dated, but the room was clean and comfortable. It was about half the cost of the others in town. No designer sheets and decorations, but there was a microwave and refrigerator. No "free" breakfast, but McDonalds is across the parking lot. The owner/manager was very nice and helpful. One caveat-I am not sure if it is air conditioned-it was cool when we were there last week. Four stars because of the price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Dave W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winona
The Plaza Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona
Days Inn Winona
Days Inn Winona
#4 of 7 in Winona
Express Suites Riverport Conference and Event Center
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Winona
Prairie Inn and Suites

Been to Sugar Loaf Motel? Share your experiences!