“disappointing”
Review of Acoustic Cafe

Acoustic Cafe
Ranked #2 of 87 Restaurants in Winona
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Read the reviews of this place and had high expectations but did not order the hoagie as recommended and perhaps have regrets. I had a turkey pita sandwich which was a loose description since there was less than an ounce of meat on the pita. The toppings were good and fresh and the pita was warm and tender but not worth the price. My husband's sandwich was slightly better but not great. The atmosphere was quaint. Will try somewhere else if come back to Winona which is a nice little town.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The Acoustic Cafe is located on Lafayette Street about a block south of the Mississippi River and Levee Park. It is also a few blocks east of Winona Street and the big bridge that spans the Mississippi River. The place is larger than a normal size sandwich shop as they have the main dining room and then a second dining area off to the side. Customers order at the counter and then are given a number which a server uses to deliver your food. The counter area reminds me of a Starbucks as you can also order coffee and then sit down and use their free Wi-Fi. The servers at the counter were very friendly and efficient.

I went with my wife on a Saturday afternoon in early July and we both enjoyed our food. They sell a one third size, a one-half size and a full size hoagie. The hoagies come with a set number of items on them and then you have to tell the counter person what you want taken off (like no mayo or no banana peppers). I ordered a full size turkey hoagie but did not know they were huge so I also ordered a cup of chicken noodle soup (I did not need that). The hoagie was great and I really enjoyed it. They put lots of turkey on it plus two different types of cheese and then they toasted it. It also comes with some type of special sauce that was really good. The Chicken Noodle soup was OK but tasted like it came from a can. The price of the giant, full size sandwich is only $8.99 which I thought was very reasonable considering how much food you get. They have live music on weekend evenings but we were there for lunch so did not get to enjoy that. It would have been better to eat dinner here and then listen to the music.

Overall I really enjoyed my hot hoagie sandwich and thought it was great. I will dine here again the next time I am in Winona.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Have visited this sanctuary of sorts many a time, both with friends and family. Never regretted being there! The food is hearty and plentiful, prices ver reasonable, the staff welcoming, and the ambiance just plain cool! Wi-fi is complimentary.

1  Thank Ajit D
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is my favorite lunch spot in Winona. The have great bread for their sandwiches and good soups too.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We had coffee and a sandwich. Loved the vibe in here. Excellent food, and good company. Perfect place to hang out and chat.