“Relaxing, homey experience”
Dining Room
Upstairs Sitting Room
Kitchen
Kitchen
Sofa bed for additional guests
The view from the patio
Our neighborhood
Minnesota Marine Art Mueseum
Scenic Overlook
Mississippi River
National Eagle Center
Historic Downtown
Saint Mary's University
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
Winona, Minnesota

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 193 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Any
Marechiel
Madison, Wisconsin
“Relaxing, homey experience”
Reviewed 9 August 2013 for a stay in June 2013

What a fabulous time I had in Winona MN, when I stayed at The Village House Inn. It was home away form home but more. I went to Winona to attend a training/conference for my home business and made it a "me" time as well. I decided to stay in this B&B instead of the usual hotel. For a price that is slightly lower than the traditional hotel, I have a house with bedroom all to myself on my first night; It's a roomy home, have a huge TV, very well-kept and there's a grand piano. I ended up borrowing DVDs from a local video store; I packed the fridge with food I eat - its was truly home. I love the "fresh" and clean smell of the house. There's Keurig coffee maker and complete with house supplies. My housemaster, Anne and her son and daughter welcomed me and they were very friendly and warm. I locked myself out one night, and help was there right away. Anne is a thoughtful and tasteful host. It was a two night get-away I needed. I came back to my own home, energized and inspired. Thanks for a fabulous experience. I'd like to come back and bring my entire family next time.

Visit was for: Business
Travelling group: Business
Melinda L
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A Minnesota Cultural Destination”
Reviewed 25 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Second time we stayed at Village House Inn. Both times on the third weekend in July for the Shakespeare Theater. Also enjoyed the Stockholm, WI art fair, and several don't-miss museums - the Marine Art Museum especially. Lovely place to stay. Both times the house was full of guests. 2012 visit we shared the house with a college dorm reunion of 5 women. They partied all night, which was not very quiet for us to sleep. Second stay we were the night owls, so all was quiet. Loved sitting outside under the new pergola for morning coffee and afternoon happy hour. Bought our own cocktail fixings up the road. Spacious fridge so bring your own snacks, treats and beverages.

JeanW612
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great getaway”
Reviewed 20 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Thank you Anne for the wonderful one night vacation we experienced at The Village House Inn. Your inn is so comfortable and tastefully decorated, breakfast under the pergola while birdwatching kept us lingering at your place longer than we expected to. Your knowledge of the area and suggestions on what to do were spot-on (Fish House and Lark Toys). We will certainly visit again next time we need a little getaway.

Valerie R
Streamwood, Illinois
“Peaceful”
Reviewed 27 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

The Village House Inn is beautiful and quiet. We were in town for a High School reunion and Steamboat Days. Village House Inn was much more quiet than staying in a big hotel. We really enjoyed sitting outside in the morning. Great coffee with a self serve breakfast of pastries, granola, yogurt and juice.

Ozwaldste...
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great location for Steamboat Days”
Reviewed 26 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

We were in town for Steamboat Days and selected this in based on the reviews. We found it a well kept and remodeled. We were also a little concerned about the proximity to the highway out front but it proved to be a non-issue and we didn't notice the noise, probably due to the modern windows. We would have preferred a refrigerator in the room but the one in the kitchen was fine for our use. There was also a TV in the common area on the second floor near our room rather than in the room but didn't feel comfortable using it where other guests could hear. Not a big deal as we were there for only one evening. We did take advantage of the large TV in the main room and found a DVD to watch in the selection of 40 or so they had which was nice since the weather was terrible! All in all a great B&B, we would visit again.

Michael A
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
“Lovely place to stay in Winona”
Reviewed 26 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

This is an old estate that has been gutted and completely renovated. You lose the charm a bit of an old house, but you benefit from having the amenities of a new house. The AC is amazing, which was a plus - it was hot/muggy when I was there. I chose this location for its proximity to Saint Mary's. The bed/mattress was very comfortable. it was very easy to make reservations, and Anne, the innkeeper was easy to work with and very pleasant. She is highly responsive to e-mail, phone calls, etc. I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a place to stay. I didn't eat any breakfast (went out with my friends), but there is a Keurig on every floor which comes in handy for me!

Travelling group: Solo
Janet L
Ellsworth, Iowa, United States
“Warm Review!”
Reviewed 15 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Thank you so much for providing the perfect place for our family “girl’s” weekend! We loved every minute of time together, and enjoyed the whole house very much. The little touches you provided – great breakfast, lovely, restful rooms, wonderful amenities – wow. We enjoyed Winona too, even though the weather wasn’t ideal. We had fun shopping and eating – went to the Vault and Bub’s – two favorites, I think. We also visited the Blue Heron and the winery up the road, Garvin Heights, plus had pizza and watched a movie. We left some things undone for the next time :) We even talked about booking for the same time next year. No way could it snow on April 14 again, right?!? Again, thank you! We will be back!

Travelling group: Family
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing