“Beautiful Clean and Quiet”
Rock Garden West Room
Dining Room
Upstairs Sitting Room
Kitchen
Kitchen
Sofa bed for additional guests
The view from the patio
Our neighborhood
Minnesota Marine Art Mueseum
Scenic Overlook
Mississippi River
National Eagle Center
Historic Downtown
Saint Mary's University
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
Winona, Minnesota

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 195 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Any
patrosave...
Minneapolis
“Beautiful Clean and Quiet”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014

We loved our stay at Village House Inn. Our room was perfect with a great big bath and tub, which I love. There are several parlors and a living room to hang out in with your coffee in the morning and even extra baths available. I enjoy staying at a place that has a simple breakfast that we could eat when we wanted instead of an over blown huge formal breakfast that has been part of many B and B's. This was simple and the price was great. The open spaces have a comfortable décor and so it's easy to hang around too.

Travelling group: Friends
wmoeller
Edina, Minnesota
“Comforts of home”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Overall, a very good place to stay. Very happy with our choice, and we will be return visitors.

We stayed here in lieu of a hotel. Glad we did. It was just like being a guest in a friend's home - a friend who keeps their home remarkably clean and stylish.

This is a little different than a traditional BnB - ie not restored and decorated a la 1900, and breakfast from scratch isn't served. However, the place feels like home, and the self serve breakfast was great for us since we wanted flexibility. We knew to expect this before the stay, as the website says this.

We will be back.

Travelling group: Couples
PEJ4
Anoka, Minnesota
“A Piece of Heaven! Clean, Cozy and Relaxing!”
Reviewed 5 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013

I had the wonderful opportunity to stay at the Village House Inn during my visit to Yarnology in Winona. This place is honestly a "Piece of Heaven"! I stayed in the "South" room and it was so cozy and incredibly CLEAN! All of the rooms are so fresh and inviting! This is more like a "home away from home" and due to a snow storm I was REALLY LUCKY to be able to spend 2 more nights at this delightful place. The Inn Keeper is so accommodating and the sweet treats she leaves for breakfast are out of this world --delicious! While visiting or traveling through Winona, don't miss your chance to stay at this impeccable Inn!

Travelling group: Solo
Sparky J
Edina, Minnesota
“Cozy and clean”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

My husband and I stayed one night here this past weekend--we stayed in the downstairs room. Everything was immaculately clean and in perfect condition--the hostess said the place had been renovated in 2003 but I would have guessed it was within the past year. The breakfast was exactly as advertised--not a "typical" B&B over the top thing, but the continental style was perfect for us as we needed to eat quickly and be out early. The kitchenette was very well stocked--I think you'd be able to prepare a decent meal there if you wanted dinner in too. We were a little worried about road noise being so close to a major road, but the traffic died out in the evening and it didn't bother us at all. Wish I could go back on a sunny summer weekend to take advantage of the lovely patio! The hostess is not on site but met me at exactly the time specified for check in and gave lots of good info about the area and numbers to contact if we needed help.

Travelling group: Couples
connie r
Oskaloosa, Iowa
“Our First B and B”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Loved many things about this experience although when we arrived we found out it was not a true B and B. Kind of a strange deal where the inn keeper lives 15 minutes away and a dear little knowledgeable and sweet lady sometimes checks you in if the owner is not available. The property is well located and the highway traffic did not bother us but we always travel with earplugs just in case. The home is simply beautiful! The shower was wonderful, loved the garden and access to the frig for our stuff so helpfuf! What a wonderful place for a family or group to rent the whole thing. For us it was kind of uncomfortable - the rest of the folks staying when we were there pretty much took over the house so we stayed in our room. We would therefore have loved some more TV stations and a bigger TV- didn't know they made them that small anymore. The breakfast was some local pastries taken out of the freezer the night before- good yogurt and juice and some less than fresh fruit- nothing special but at least when we left early we could have something for the road Biggest complaint - one set of towels for each of us for two days. Uck- who wants to wash with yesterdays dirty washcloth?

Visit was for: Business
Travelling group: Business
Management Response
3 Sep 2013
The Village House is indeed a great gathering place for couples, families, or small groups of friends because they can have the entire house to themselves since we don't actually live on-site. And our continental breakfast is perfect for folks who prefer to eat light and on their own schedule, and it's always ready to go for the early risers. In the interest of conservation--and like many hotels and B&B's--we change out linens only by request as stated in our policies. But if you'd like fresh towels each day, just let us know and we'd be happy to swap them out for you.
Travelerm...
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful B&B”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

Our little road trip from The Twin Cities to the Shakespeare Festival in Winona always includes staying at The Village Inn. Each year we have added another couple to our outing and now we rent the entire house. The place is lovely from the decor to the linens to the generous self serve breakfast. There's so much to do in the area that we are likely to come back in the fall. Many thanks to Anne for all you do to make this a great getaway.

Travelling group: Friends
Marechiel
Madison, Wisconsin
“Relaxing, homey experience”
Reviewed 9 August 2013 for a stay in June 2013

What a fabulous time I had in Winona MN, when I stayed at The Village House Inn. It was home away form home but more. I went to Winona to attend a training/conference for my home business and made it a "me" time as well. I decided to stay in this B&B instead of the usual hotel. For a price that is slightly lower than the traditional hotel, I have a house with bedroom all to myself on my first night; It's a roomy home, have a huge TV, very well-kept and there's a grand piano. I ended up borrowing DVDs from a local video store; I packed the fridge with food I eat - its was truly home. I love the "fresh" and clean smell of the house. There's Keurig coffee maker and complete with house supplies. My housemaster, Anne and her son and daughter welcomed me and they were very friendly and warm. I locked myself out one night, and help was there right away. Anne is a thoughtful and tasteful host. It was a two night get-away I needed. I came back to my own home, energized and inspired. Thanks for a fabulous experience. I'd like to come back and bring my entire family next time.

Visit was for: Business
Travelling group: Business
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing