“A lovely experience”
Dining Room
Upstairs Sitting Room
Kitchen
Kitchen
Sofa bed for additional guests
The view from the patio
Our neighborhood
Minnesota Marine Art Mueseum
Scenic Overlook
Mississippi River
National Eagle Center
Historic Downtown
Saint Mary's University
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
Winona, Minnesota

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 195 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Any
Mayl32
Minneapolis
“A lovely experience”
Reviewed 17 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

The Village House Inn is very quaint, very quiet, and very CLEAN! The choice of breakfast foods fit my preference for healthy, made from scratch. The Inn is a warm, old farmhouse that is nestled within the bluffs. Really a delightful stay!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Visit was for: Business
Travelling group: Business
Tim K
Long Prairie, Minnesota
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed 12 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

The innkeeper is friendly, helpful, and keeps a beautiful and spotless house. We loved the dining/living room for eating, reading, and just relaxing. We enjoyed playing the electronic piano and could have watched one of the movies in the small collection. We stayed two nights and enjoyed reading some of the delightfully eclectic books from our rooms bookshelf. We stayed in the downstairs room both nights. The first night we had the house to ourselves and had a great sleep. On the second night a late guest checked in noisily into the room above us. They talked fairly loudly, walked back and for the endlessly, and showered for a long time. Then they woke up at 6:30 a.m. and repeated the late night activities. One of us who is a light sleeper slept very poorly as a result. We'd recommend booking an upstairs room. By the way, the breakfasts, which guests assemble, are very good with tasty healthy choices.

Rooms Service
Travelling group: Couples
Lacey J
Seattle, Washington
“Super cute, great service!”
Reviewed 11 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

My husband and I had never stayed in a B&B before and I am really glad that Village House Inn was our first experience. It was such a cute little house, and we had a great time. We got really lucky in getting the place, since I had not intended on staying at a B&B but my Hipmunk app recommended it (side note: Hipmunk is super useful for finding hotels and flights and you can set up price alerts for both). I did not even bother to TripAdvisor the place or Google it and it turns out that check-in is between 3-5PM since the owners do not live on site. Fortunately it was about 4:30 when I called and booked and Anne was able to meet us within 15 minutes to check us in.

It was a Tuesday so the house was empty and we were able to have whatever room we wanted and (more importantly) take over the gorgeous living room as we pleased. It is a beautiful, four-bedroom home with all of the amenities you need. The kitchen is well-stocked with juice, milk, string cheese, fruit, cookies, bagels, and oatmeal/granola. Also, the Keurigs are a nice touch. They have a Keurig both in the kitchen and upstairs in case you are too lazy in the morning to go downstairs and make coffee.

The bathrooms are spacious and very nice. Beds comfy. Good value for the level of service you receive and how you really feel "at home" here.

That said, here are the cons:

- Check-in is a limited window, but I did read other reviews just now where that is negotiable
- No TVs in the rooms, which was a bummer for me because I like having TV as background noise to fall asleep to.

Not a con but just of note: It was a little tricky for us to find. It's packed into a residential area with what I think are townhomes, and the roads in that neighborhood are a little confusing at work.

Hard a great time! As much as Winona is totally not somewhere I would call a "destination" by any means, this is a charming little B&B that I had no clue existed until last month. Would definitely recommend if you are in the area and want something a little bit more unique than the Days Inn.

Value Service
Travelling group: Couples
MAW1157
Watertown, Wisconsin
“"Best kept secret"”
Reviewed 5 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

On a "spur the moment" decision my daughter and I decided to enjoy a get-away weekend. Winona happened to be a mid -point for our meeting so we found ourselves quickly trying to arrange lodging and activities for our overnight stay. One call to the Village House was all that it took. Anne, the owner , took it from there. We arrived to a warm welcome, keys to the front door and a list of tried and true suggestions for dining and entertainment. The Village House is cozy, clean and quiet. Anne's warm, friendly and efficient manner is felt throughout the Village House atmosphere. There wasn't a thing that we needed that wasn't already in our room or in the kitchen. I'd recommend the Village House as "the" place to stay in Winona!

v

Travelling group: Family
Kiki0927
“Perfect little place :)”
Reviewed 3 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Upon arrival, our names were on the welcome sign. I thought that was pretty cute. Anne, the owner, made special accommodations For us to arrive late. It was much appreciated. When we got there we found our room and it was so clean I was sure we were the first to ever stay in there, although I'm sure that isn't the case. The bed and pillows were perfect and just what we needed after the long car ride and late night. Delicious sugar cookies were waiting for us as well when we got to our room. In the morning, fresh fruit and bagels was waiting for us, as well as different flavors and types of coffee to make in the Kureg. I was so incredibly happy with the Village House, I will gladly recommend it to anyone going to winona. I can't wait to return!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Ron H
Omaha, Nebraska
“Winona Winner”
Reviewed 2 November 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Winona is a fabulous old river town and the Village House is a fabulous place to stay to make your visit especially memorable. The living areas and bedrooms are beautifully appointed, the beds are very comfortable, the kitchen is well stocked and the entire property is immaculate, inside and out. The patio was great for grilling and morning coffee. I hope to return and highly recommend it to anyone travelling to the Winona area.

Rooms Service
Travelling group: Friends
Maribeth...
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“1st stay in a B&B”
Reviewed 27 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Stayed in the Village House while visiting my daughter at SMU. Anne was wonderful and the house is beautiful and very convenient to the campus. Continental breakfast is self-service with choice of coffee/teas and fresh pastries from a local bakery, or yogurt, oatmeal/ granola, bagels, etc. Will definitely be returning if the place is not booked!

Cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Family
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing