“Wonderful Work Conference”
Dining Room
Upstairs Sitting Room
Kitchen
Kitchen
Sofa bed for additional guests
The view from the patio
Our neighborhood
Minnesota Marine Art Mueseum
Scenic Overlook
Mississippi River
National Eagle Center
Historic Downtown
Saint Mary's University
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
Winona, Minnesota

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 193 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Any
Debra G
“Wonderful Work Conference”
Reviewed 29 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

I stayed at The Village Inn during a work conference in Winona In June. It was a wonderful stay. Anne suggested some sights to see and places to eat, all that were followed up on and thoroughly enjoyed! It was my first time at a B&B and I LOVED it.

Rooms Service
Visit was for: Business
Travelling group: Business
John K
Indianapolis, Indiana
“A very nice place that made for a memorable business trip”
Reviewed 26 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

I've never stayed at a B&B for a business trip, but it caught my eye among the usual run of the mill fare in Winona (for about the same price), so I decided to try it out. It was very clean with modern amenities inside, while having an authentic historic looking exterior. The "East" room that I stayed in was spacious and comfortable. The proprietor (Anne) was very welcoming and helpful with information on local dining, in addition to a tip to go up to the overlook on the bluffs above Winona for a great view of the town, which proved to be quite enjoyable! I'm glad that I decided to deviate from the usual and to 'take a chance' on the Village House Inn, since it made for a memorable trip!

Cleanliness Service
Visit was for: Business
Travelling group: Business
heiness21
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Beautiful place, clean and tasteful rooms”
Reviewed 24 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

My husband and i stayed at Village House Inn the night before a conference we were attending at St. Mary's (which is right across the road). We were warmly welcomed by Anne and shown to our room, which held a little basket of goodies for us. We asked Anne for some dinner recommendations, and she was happy to oblige. The house is clean, nicely appointed, and has a kitchenette that came in handy--we put a few perishables we'd brought into the fridge, and availed ourselves of the tea and coffee that was available. We sat out on the patio both in the evening and the morning and enjoyed watching all the bird activity. There were plenty of breakfast options for us to choose from the next morning, and we liked that we could eat on our own schedule. The only downside of the place, for us, is that it's situated on a road that gets some large vehicles. We like to sleep with the windows open, so could hear the big trucks roaring by. With windows closed I don't think it'd be a problem. Overall, we highly recommend the Village House Inn.

Rooms Service
meganlara...
Stewartville, Minnesota
“Beautiful place to stay”
Reviewed 27 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

This is a beautiful, historical bed and breakfast. The owner was very welcoming and helpful. The rooms are very nice, spacious, and clean. This place is highly recommended when enjoying the Winona area.

Value Location
pattiloui...
Wheaton, Illinois
“Lovely Place to Stay”
Reviewed 3 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I stayed at the Village House with my daughter. The house was warm and inviting. We stayed in the East Room, which was just perfect for the two of us. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. We enjoyed using the upstairs sitting room to chat and watch television. Anne was a great hostess. We will definitely be staying there again!!

Travelling group: Family
Corliss K
Gettysburg, South Dakota
“Wonderful, warm and peaceful nights rest”
Reviewed 13 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

My husband and I had to be in Winona for business and decided to try the Village House Inn. We were so impressed. What a great place and Anne was a great hostess! It was so inviting, had such charming character and it was absolutely spotless.....we will be back!!! Thanks a million Bill & Corliss

Victor K
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Built around hospitality”
Reviewed 9 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

The quality of this place is accented by the very good taste of the owners who focus on creating a welcoming space, not a museum of days of yore. The rooms are all comfortable, each with a private bath designed with forethought. The common spaces invite you in. The kitchen is well-equipped and well-stocked for a continental breakfast. My sense is that the owners looked over the house and from the start re-did it as someplace they'd enjoy spending time and inviting family and friends. Located on the edge of Winona, the Innwas a great base for enjoying one of Minnesota's best small cities. The Museum of Marine Art is exceptional, and the landscape is endlessly interesting.

Value Rooms
Travelling group: Couples
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing