“Stopped on the way through - pleasant.”

Ground Round Grill and Bar
Ranked #14 of 89 Restaurants in Winona
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have family in the area, and stopped on the way home from a recent trip to meet them at Ground Round. The service was very pleasant, and the food was quite good. I was expecting sort of a Perkins-style food (acceptable but nothing special), and was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't gourmet, but it was fresh-tasting, just the right temperature, and served by friendly staff.

The iced tea wasn't a flavor that is my favorite, but as with most items that are strictly a matter of personal taste, I didn't consider that a detriment in my review.

We spent a long time catching up with family, and the staff were friendly and attentive to us.

A pleasant surprise. Good job, Ground Round.

1  Thank Jen A

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have eaten here a few times on Sundays because kids eat for a penny a pound at lunch time. The food here is not that great otherwise. You don't get much quality for the money. I ordered the club melt, and the hamburger patty was half the side of the toast. I have ordered this a few times, and always the same. There is enough other meat on the sandwich to make it OK. When I have opted for grille asparagus as a side, they give you like 4 spears. They just cut too many corners on the food quality especially for the prices you pay here. If you have kids, and you eat there on Sunday for lunch, it is a decent deal.

1  Thank Jason O
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We eat here often. Quality food, good specials, wonderful service. Good burgers, salads, chicken wings. We usually eat in the bar area. TV at each booth which is nice for watching sports.

1  Thank travel4lifeMinnesota
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had dinner here for the second time while visiting friends in the area. Both times the service has been excellent. The menu here is very diverse and what one would expect from a family chain restaurant. Many options including burgers, pasta, steaks, etc. We would return to this restaurant again.

1  Thank DisneyFreakMom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stopped in after work on Sunday for a few drinks and supper. We went into the bar and sat down - Mark the bartender was ready to serve. He was busy behind the bar and handled at all in stride. We received our drinks right away and ordered our food we didn't even get half way done with our drinks and the food was in front of us. Really fast service and the food was great. Mark is an asset to the place he knows his job and does a great job with his customers. We will be back.

2  Thank DJBaker5155