“Lots of eclectic art”

Minnesota Marine Art Museum
Ranked #1 of 37 things to do in Winona
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was surprised that the collection was so eclectic. Broad collection, mostly nautical/marine related but not all. Saw many of my favorite artwork.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I had no idea that Winona had this great little museum. The woodblock print exhibit was interesting and beautiful, and the permanent collection was impressive for a museum of this size. This was a wonderful way to spend half a day while in Winona.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This much more than a museum about marine art - it has a great permanent art collection and had a wonderful wood block artist show when we visited. The exterior is also wonderful.

1  Thank jlschulz
Reviewed 23 July 2014

What a surprise. This is a wonderful museum, the likes of which one rarely finds in a small town. If you're in Winona, don't miss it.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I really had no idea there was such a treasure hiding in the little town of Winona, Minnesota. I could not believe the incredible collection of Impressionist Paintings. I also was able to pick up a print of a painting commissioned for this museum that I love by Maarten Platje. It is called "Ariel and Taiping Racing Along the White Cliffs". Attaching a photo. What a treat!