“Terrible-stay away!”

Green Mill
Ranked #11 of 87 Restaurants in Winona
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stopped here quite a while ago and would never go back. We waited ten minutes before anyone even came over to our table, and they were not busy. We finally got a menu and a glass of water and then waited another ten minutes. We finally got disgusted and left.

There are newer reviews for Green Mill

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Green Mill was the place to be back in the 80s. Sorry, just dated myself.

Many remember Green Mill's original places in the Twin Cities. Now they are franchised all over the place and Winona is not a very good copy.

They just installed one of the new fangled Coke machines that can spit out over 100 flavors of stuff. Our Cokes tasted like a mixture of 100 flavors. We mentioned it to the server who said all of her customers were complaining.

Our pizzas arrived cold and one was the wrong kind. The server tried to save things by apologizing, but they didn't take anything off the tab.

Now if we could only go back to the 80s...

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Had the new Italia pizza over the weekend, it was fabulous with the hand tossed crust. It was some ofthe best pizza I've had.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We enjoyed a nice evening dinner here as it is located right across the street from our hotel. The waitstaff was friendly and we received our food promptly. One entree was a little spicier than anticipated, but overall the food was good. I only gave it 3 stars as the food did not WOW me. Prices were reasonable, friendly service, not a lot of choices in Winona. I will eat there again when visiting Winona.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The Green Mill fare is the same everywhere. It always tastes the same, fortunately that's very good. This restaurant was right across the parking lot from our hotel and we like the Green Mill, so it was a no brainer.
Our waitress seemed to be in a hurry. She offered take home boxes just 10 minutes after delivering our food and I had to ask for a refill on my soda so I could finish my pizza. We were there for about an hour total time.

Been to Green Mill? Share your experiences!