Days Inn Winona
Agoda.com
US$139
Hotwire.com
US$77
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesground roundrooms are smallan older propertyconvenient locationmorning breakfastnight's sleepin townnice stayfree breakfastwould stay againvisiting winonashakespeare festivalmotelreclinerfrig
Reviewed 10 December 2009

this hotel is by far the best place to stay in winona period!!!! I am in winona twice a month on business. I have stayed at every hotel in this town. some maybe fancier, & much more expensive, but none are cleaner, or more comfortable. This place is quite & well run. the staff has MANY times went out of their way for me, to make me comfortable. I have forgotten my comb, toothbrush, razor, no problem they have one for you. The beds are so comfortable you better set your alarm, or you could sleep all day. You seriously want a home away from home this is the place. The morning breakfast is extensive & fresh. You could stay somewhere else, but, why would you want to.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank tcaami
Winona420, Manager at Days Inn Winona, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear tcammi,

Thank you so much for the great review of our Days Inn property. We certainly love exceeding the expectations of our guests and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2009

We stayed in Day's Inn last year and the experience was fine. Our room was clean and since we were barely in our room, it worked out ok. This last time, we got a different room and although everything looked fine, there was a smell to the room that bordered on mildew and body odor. I'm not shy about requesting a different room if the room we get is not up to par but this time around, it was late and we were extremely tired and the smells weren't overwhelming, just lingering. The next morning, I noticed that the bathrooms looked clean but the odor told a different story. I don't think they did much other than change the towels. Overall it was ok, the staff was friendly, especially one young lady when we checked in, she was a pleasure to interact with. I think I'll try another place next time, cleanliness is on the top of my 'must haves'.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Hotel420, Pam Wing, Manager at Days Inn Winona, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2009

The Days Inn of Winona would like to announce the following changes that have occured at our property during the last year. We currently serve a deluxe continental, Hot Waffle breakfast each morning. We have recently upgraded our wireless internet. We also have improved our walkway from the property to the Ground Round and keep it well maintained. We have also achieved the Chairman's Award with a five sun rating for consistent quality and cleanliness. The Days Inn of Winona has also upgraded its granite and have all new mattresses, pillows, and bedding. We have listened to those of you that have had constructive comments and we hope to achieve what you would like to see at our hotel. We invite you to stay with us and view our new changes.

Reviewed 30 January 2009

This was the rudest staff I have ever encountered at a hotel. Very unwelcoming and unaccommodating of even the simplest request. Rooms were fairly clean and beds were comfortable, but the staff was such a turnoff that I will never stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business

Dear jtravel32,

We apologize for the rude staff experience you had back in 2009. We routinely like to reread the comments we have had in the past to make sure we are not making the same mistakes. Since 2009 we have achieved the highest award offered Days Inn Properties, Chairmans Award. Our staff has changed over and we continue to train our staff to offer the best service in the industry. If you travels bring you back to Winona we certainly would like to have another opportunity to show you how our staff service has improved.

Reviewed 5 October 2008

I would advise against ever staying here. The manager was rude condecending and downright disrectfull. she approached one member of my group and read him the riot act for leaving his tv and lights on when he left the room. The staff was constantly going in our rooms shutting off tv lights and air conditioners completlely ignoring the do not disturb signs. I left my laptop open and left for a little while and left my Tv on and ac on came back two hours later someone went into my room shut off the ac opened the window and shut off the lights. Iii had sensitive information on my computer and it was unlocked and they had no right going in my room with a do not disturb sign on in. rooms were small and cramped. Just an overall was the most horriable expericence i have ever had at a motel.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 29 April 2008

Stayed at this hotel during a Mid-West college tour with my son. The front desk clerk was very helpful and the hotel clean. The only problem I had was somehow my request for a no smoking room was lost and due to the property being sold out they could not switch me.

Breakfast was served in a large room across from the front desk, standard coffee, breads and bagels.

I left some clothing in the room after checking out the manager remembered we were touring the nearby St. Mary's College called and left me a message. Nice touch.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)