“MC Trip”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Winona
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“MC Trip”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Have stayed there before and never had a bad experience, unless I stayed in the bar to long.
Got there early in the morning and met friends who stayed the evening before. I took a chance and asked if our room was available for early check in. The friendly clerk took a few minutes and to my surprise said yes. It was nice to put our MC luggage in our own room and freshen up before our day long ride. As usual the room was clean and well stocked and large enough for all of our belongings. (quiet sleeping) At check in each guest get's a $1.00 breakfast coupon and I would strongly urge you to use them. The breakfast is very good and Julie our waitress was great!
We will be there again next year!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank bba66
ThePlazaHotel, General Manager at The Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for your loyalty and positive feedback regarding your stays at the Plaza Hotel and Suites. The front desk staff makes every effort to accommodate our guest’s requests. When an early check in is available, we know those few extra hours in the room can help jump start your stay! Our dedicated housekeeping staff strives to make each stay exceptional, as well. We truly have an extraordinary team throughout the property; your kind comments will be shared with all team members. We’re looking forward to your next visit!
Cindy Jensen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel had one of the nicest indoor pools I've been at. It had a separate children's pool, a sauna, and whirlpool tub. The rooms were okay a little dated. The people at the front desk were extremely nice. The restaurant attached to the hotel was not a very good choice to eat at. Nice for convenience but not great flavor.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank 2TravelingLovers
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are very proud of our large indoor water recreation area, it has something for kids of all ages! Children enjoy the zero depth entry kiddy pool with three animal slides and arcade game area. Adults have the opportunity to unwind in our relaxing hot tub, pool and sauna. We are looking forward to our future guest room and hotel updates, also. Thank you for sharing your constructive comments to help us create the best experiences for our guests.
Cindy Jensen
Chicago
Reviewed 6 August 2013

A bad nights sleep at the Winona Americinn motel forced me to look elsewhere for a more comfortable mattress. I found it at the Plaza in addition to an above average staff and quality of room. I checked into my room at 9:00 a.m. after 'bailing out' of the other motel. I would recommend this motel highly and will stay there again when the need arises. The only areas that could be improved would be a complimentary breakfast and wifi access. They do provide a discount coupon at their restaurant for dinner and breakfast and I was able to connect with the adjacent Holiday Inn's wifi.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank drgoodhands
Timonium, Maryland
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We recently spent 4 nights at the hotel attending a family reunion in the area. We found the hotel property and the our family suite to be clean and well maintained. Likewise, the fitness room and indoor pool were kept spotless. The front desk staff were very courteous, pleasant and helpful.I spend between 50-60 nights on the road for both business and pleasure and believe that I have reasonable judgement when evaluating hotel properties.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sam K
New York
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Spent one night in this hotel. At first glance it seems like a nice place. Fairly large rooms. A giant 40 inch tv in the room plus a small tv in the rest room.
That TV set in the rest room didn't make sense to me. It was facing the wrong direction and while I tried to angle it better I discovered a hypodermic needle. I have seen all kinds of things in hotel rooms that I wish I didn't see. This was a first for me.
I called the front desk and the reaction I got was- we'll leave a note for the manager and the cleaning people to take care of it.
I checked the room again in the evening and the needle was still there. When I called again they said they don't have anybody right now to move it.
The general feeling I had is that this could be a nice hotel but it is very very under staffed. Very friendly staff but very slow service in both restaurant and bar as well.
Overall, not a terrible place but finding the hypodermic needle and the nonchalant reaction of the staff was too much of a turnoff

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank zermas
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I was looking for a nice pet friendly hotel in Winona and I found it. They were booked for the weekend and thankfully someone cancelled and I got their room.
I stayed in the Standard King and it was a big room, very clean. The Staff was very friendly and took very good care of me. I will stay there whenever I need a place in Winona.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Terry J
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We brought a group of 15 students to this hotel which had agreed with Winona University to be the destination for the student member participating in the weekend conference that Winona hosted.
There was some slight confusion as our faculty adviser had lost his father this past week and was not able to attend the conference with us. While I was trying to clarify a problem with our group's secretary the general manager rudely interrupted. She was a complete ***** (for lack of a better word).
Instead of being smart about being the premiere hotel for a conference that hosted thousands of college students from all over the midwest and putting all the college students on the same floors, they spread them among all floors and were threatening to kick rooms out the last night because of noise complaints. Our rooms were across from the room of a nine-year old girl's birthday party.
Our biggest complaint was that after calling and asking whether they offered continental breakfast they told us they had. However, may it be noted that this hotel does not offer continental breakfast they give you a few dollars off at the Green Mill, an rather expensive restaurant and they don't even give you enough for 1 dollar per person per day. This is by far the worst hotel I've stayed in and I've stayed in hotels in third world countries. I would advise you to stay at the holiday inn next door and just avoid this place all together.
Also, the estimate they gave us for the hotel and the actual price were way off. It ended up being an additional 90 dollars over what we budgeted for three rooms for three nights.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winona
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona
#2 of 20 in La Crosse
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,460 reviews
GrandStay Hotel & Suites La Crosse
AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront

Been to The Plaza Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!