“fine establishment”

Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Woodbury
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Great stay and nice break during our road trip. Room was immaculate. Service very attentive. From the minute I checked in everything went smooth. Close by and plentiful parking, oversized, pillow-topped beds with heavy comforter and free Starbucks coffee. Overall, the quality I expect when staying at a Sheraton.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Chris W, General Manager at Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you so much for such a delightful review of the Sheraton St Paul Woodbury! I am happy to hear that we met your expectations. We take great pride in what we do and will share your review with the entire team.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

The Sheraton Woodbury is a newer property that is convenient to 3M, but kind of far from Minneapolis or St. Paul. The room was nice and bed very comfortable. There were nice shampoos, etc. and a great shower in the bathroom. The Club level offers a complimentary breakfast which was a bit better than continental. There were also cocktails and soft drinks in the evening, which was nice. There is a pool, whirlpool and fitness center also. Overall, it's a great place to stay if you need to be on that side of St. Paul.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Chris W, General Manager at Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thank you very much for taking time to comment on your recent stay at the Sheraton St Paul Woodbury, MN. I am pleased to hear your stay was a positive experience! And yes, we are right down the road from 3M World Headquarters.

Chris Wroge

Reviewed 18 June 2013

You know it's a nice hotel when they trust you with the towels. And that was only the beginning.

We discovered the recently renovated Sheraton St. Paul-Woodbury via Trip Advisor for a one-night stopover in the Twin Cities, and everything, from start to finish, was excellent. The front desk clerk -- I wish I had gotten his name -- was friendly yet efficient and got us on our way to our room in less than five minutes. We welcomed this since we arrived at 9:30 p.m.

We found the room spotless, pleasingly contemporary, and well-furnished. A previous reviewer found the pillows flat, but I found them and the bed so comfortable, I didn't want to get up the next morning. Which gets me to the towels. Many hotels cheap out on the towels, providing ones that are too thin and/or too small to do much of anything in the way of drying off after a shower (nice big shower here, by the way). The towels here were oversized and thick enough to really dry off.

A couple of things to mention that don't take away from the rating but that I just want to include:
I don't know if the hotel is trying to be more ecologically friendly, but the light switches control an odd combination of lights. We have stayed in LEED-certified hotels, where you need to turn on a master switch first, etc., but in the Sheraton, for example, the hall light stayed on when the bathroom light was turned on.

Also, the water is EXTREMELY soft. It really just makes hanging onto the soap, shampoo bottle, razor, etc., in the shower extremely difficult. Maybe it's necessary for making the water potable, but I guess I always thought the Twin Cities had pretty decent drinking water.

That said, we enjoyed the room and service at the Sheraton St. Paul-Woodbury and would definitely stay there again if we come back to the area.

Room Tip: As with just about any place, book online at the hotel site for the best rate.
Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive and thorough review! It would look on the surface at the Sheraton St Paul Woodbury that we've been recently renovated but in fact we have a great team of employees who take great pride in keeping our Sheraton looking great.

Warms regards,

Chris Wroge

Reviewed 5 May 2013

The Sheraton at Woodbury is a clean hotel with a nice location , close to interstate. The front desk staff is friendly and helping in nature. Coming to the rooms the bed is ok, but the pillows are poor with some air blown to make them look big.
The club level has nothing much to offer except except for the little lounge to hang around.
One down side is the food. I had to order dinner thrice during my stay but the food ordered is overpriced and not up to what they describe in their menu.The other sheratons offer better food for the same price.
Also I wish they had underground garage parking for the amount of snow Minneapolis receives.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Buckeye O
Amber R, Manager at Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

I appreciate your feedback. It's great to hear the experience the guest has and how we can improve our service. I know the feather pillows come standard in the rooms, but if requested we can provide foam pillows. The foam pillow typically provides more support. I apologize for the food service. I know our menu changes and we are always looking for ways to improve. I will be sure to express your feedback to our F&B staff.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is a nice clean hotel in St Paul very close to the interstate for easy access to downtown St Paul. I stayed two nights with friends and dinner service at the restaurant was prompt and the food was very good. I also used the fitness center which was really well equipped and had windows along the East so the room was bright for my morning workout. The windows in the fitness center had a glaze to them for privacy. This seemed to be primarily a business hotel, but I did see a family using the pool as well. Nice quiet rooms with flat screen tvs, nice bathroom and I appreciated the extra mirror as my friends and I were getting ready.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Amber R, Manager at Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

It's so nice of you to take time to review our property and share your experience. I'm glad you enjoyed it overall. I know our property really benefits from all the reviews, and I love to share them to the staff. I will make sure to reach out to our F & B staff and let them know your comments on the food. I hope to have you return soon. Thank you!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Modern hotel with excellent front desk staff. The club level rooms are big and clean. Modern amenities abound in these rooms and the free breakfast is nice, especially with the kids. The hotel is nicely located at the 94 and 694 intersection and is easy to get too. There is ample parking and a number of restaurants that are close in the area as well. A Starbucks is also close.

Room Tip: Select Club Level suites.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Amber R, Manager at Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about our property. It's truly appreciated. I hope we have the pleasure to have you return in the near future. The summer is great here and there are many parks close to bring your children.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

It is a Pretty good hotel with nice facilities. It's calm and comfortable. However, breakfast is a little bit boring. They have a club lounge, pool and sport facilities that people like. Also it's very convenient that they provide transfer to close shops and facilities. Personnel is very helpful.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Amber R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience about our property. Your views and suggestions are very important and we see them as a gift. It allows us to see which areas are in need of improvement and which areas are our strengths. I hope we get the pleasure of having you as a returning guest in the near future.

Amber Revier

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Paul-Woodbury
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East
Residence Inn St. Paul Woodbury
Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury

Been to Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel? Share your experiences!