“Slow. OK Food. Friendly Waitress”

Lakes Tavern and Grill
Ranked #20 of 102 Restaurants in Woodbury
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Getting a seat was the easy part but waiting to take order and then waiting for food was too long. The turkey burger tasted like a frozen patty. The other burger was good but not the best ever burger. The cheese curds were too greasy and not in a good way. The waitress was friendly, when we got to see her. Also even with a free burger (BOGO) it was still too pricy for me.

The place was fresh and clean though.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Lakes is a great place to go for Happy Hour or to Eat. Great atmosphere, a menu that changes frequently to match their customer's tastes and free popcorn while you are waiting for your food or drinks. Safe atmosphere to bring a family, even with younger children. The staff provide excellent service and are knowledgeable about the menu and drink selection. Our first choice!!!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have stopped here several times after shopping and after work. I'm always able to find something just right. Only down side is the patio is right next to the highway and the traffic is a little distracting. Love eating here.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I took our 22 yr old daughter and friend for lunch here today as we were in the area shopping. The staff was very attentive, helpful and the manager truly seemed interested in our dining experience. Our daughter is no stranger to foods with a "kick," and liked the Asian coleslaw option that accompanied her run of the mill clubhouse sandwich. Her friend had the chicken alfredo and liked the spicier than usual sauce. I ordered from the "pick two" lunch menu. I think that immediately means you don't like seasonings or spices on your food. The soup option was New England Clam Chowder which was fine but my complaint is there was just one soup option. This is Minnesota, in the dead of winter, for Pete's sake! We LOVE soup! I also ordered the quiche as the quiche of the day. It was extremely bland, flavorless and tasteless. There was arugula and sun dried tomatoes in it but you'd never know. The only positive was it was vey light and fluffy.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Standard chain style even though I don't think it is part of a chain. Bar on one side; booths and tables on the other. The décor is unimpressive, as is the food. The service was good however. Will not be on our once a month list.

Been to Lakes Tavern and Grill? Share your experiences!