“Below agerage place to stay”

Key Inn Saint Paul - Woodbury
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Woodbury
Highland
“Below agerage place to stay”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My trip to Minneapolis, Woodbury was around Sept / Oct 2013. What a bad experience ! The only service I received was from an Asian woman at the front desk. Where do I start, the room was o.k. for the price, I didn't receive any housekeeping for the whole 10 days I stayed. When I asked for tolietries they said they didn't have any at the front desk. The Hispanic gal at the front desk was texting and on the phone 2 times that I had to come up front. Somethings going on with the housekeeping staff, The young gal looks around parking her cart in front of the doors of people staying and going in for long periods of time. Then I witnessed her knock on a door and the man opened in his underware and she placed the do not disturb sign on the door and went inside. What?? Garbage everywhere outside, not even placed in the dumpster. When I checked out no response from the man overnight at 4am. he just stuffed my receipt under the security window. Wow no customer service at all, imagine if they had a diligent manager and a good staff that actually wanted to do their job. I would never repeat!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Bznora
RedRoofInn063, Manager at Key Inn Saint Paul - Woodbury, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear BZNORA:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.
First I would like to apologize for you not receiving any housekeeping for your entire 10 day stay.We have made a few changes so that each Guest can enjoy a pleasant stay at our property. As the new manager I can say that we are not where we want be and we will keep on striving to meet your expectation.

Once again please accept my apologies and I do hope that I will see you at our Inn in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Marshfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Staying at a motel/hotel I have thought of as a pleasant experience. I can not say the same for the stay at Red Roof Inn Woodbury, Mn The grounds are unkept with liquor bottles laying any where. The doors on the outside need painting. First impression, GRIMY!!! The room smelled old, and stale . The sink was dirty, Carpeting even worse. Wall paper peeling off the wall.The room was listed as a non smoking room however the top blanket had a burn hole the size of a 50 cent piece.Overall the whole experience was a disaster. Just could not get out fast enough.Sorry I would not be able to recommend Red Roof Inn to anyone and I will speak to the experience.,

I AM ASKING FOR FULL REIMBURSEMENT IN CASH!!! MCL

our stay at red roof inn was very unsatisfactory, the room smelled and dirt was everywhere, the bathroom was very bad. the housekeeping was terrible, the carpet was in terrible condition, a full refund would be the only way to let us put this situation behind us. the outside appearance was very bad also. DRL

Room Tip: looking for cleanliness on the grounds and the inside of office and entry way
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mcldrl
Dear MCLDRL:

First I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations for your stay. We have made a few changes so that each Guest can enjoy a pleasant stay at our property. As the manager I can say that we are not where we want be and we will keep on striving to meet your expectation.

Burlington, Iowa
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I booked my stay at this hotel while in town to deal with the sudden death of a family member, unfortunately, I was forced to cut my stay short by one day when my entire supply of that day's evening medications disappeared from my luggage while we were gone, as well as five pills from my morning ones. My companion also discovered that his luggage had been gone through, though luckily nothing was taken. On a side note, we both found the room carpeting to be squishy, and it left our white socks black.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank IMJustJD
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We recently relocated to Minneapolis and this was the only hotel with the area that I could get a weekly rate of $262 including tax, that would allow us to bring our dog without any additional costs. Be sure that they don't charge you for your room and then put an additional hold for another weekly rate on top of it. I was using a debit card and the employee who checked me in during the middle of the night did not enter my payment correctly and it caused my card to get charged twice. The daytime employees worked diligently with my bank to get my funds put back on my card the next day. The hotel is right off the highway, you have lots of places to eat close by and grocery store all within walking distance. So, after reading all of these reviews, I placed a call to the location to ask about what I had read. I spoke with a very nice employee that explained there had been several changes that had taken place since there were a lot of bad issues that had taken place in 2012. First, they no longer allow anyone under 21 or anyone without a credit card to obtain a room. They have hired security that I have physically seen myself. And most importantly, the Woodbury police do not play games around here. I witnessed them come into the office, obtain information on all the names of those in the rooms and then they drive from car to car checking all the license plates on a nightly basis. Now, we all know that when a facility offers less expensive rooms in does attract some of those less than desirable customers. We had one night were two young girls arrived and begin to put on a performance for all of us with a screaming match right next to our room. I politely went down to the office and told them either they get removed or they would be refunding my money. Police were called immediately and both girls were escorted out of the room. The employees will react when they realize that someone is causing an unnecessary disturbance for the rest of us who just want peace and quite. The rooms are fairly spacious considering other hotels I have stayed in. I cannot say the grounds are the best kept. Lots of trash is bagged up next to the trash cans on a nightly/daily basis until housekeeping gets in to the building in the morning and the concrete is in serious need of power washing. All I can say, is that it wasn't as bad as previous posts. The employees are working hard to make changes and do their best to react to unnecessary drama. Be prepared that only King rooms offer a refrigerator and microwave, doubles do not. If I had to stay here again, I would.

Room Tip: Depends on if you have needs for a refrigerator and microwave. If you do, King rooms are the only o...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
RedRoofInn063, General Manager at Key Inn Saint Paul - Woodbury, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Misskim757:

Thank you for taking the time to to proviide us with your feedback redarding your stay at our hotel.
First I would like to apologize for incorrect billing that took place the night you checked in. I'm glad that we took care of the problem the next morning. We have made a few changes so that each Guest can enjoy a pleasent stay at our property. You are correct in your comment about the staff working hard. As the new manager I can say that we are not where we want be and we will keep on striving to meet your expectation.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews for this place, I was wary of staying here. But I screwed up and didn't reserve till last minute and everyplace else jacked up their prices so I was stuck here. What a pleasant surprise. A decent clean room. Pleasant staff. Well worth the money. I've spent much more to stay at much worse. Maybe it's a recent change in management or ownership.

• Stayed June 2013
RedRoofInn063, General Manager at Key Inn Saint Paul - Woodbury, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Wally P:

On behalf of the staff of the Red Roof Inn Woodbury, thank you for taking time to giv us your feedback. Our staff is now putting the needs of Guest first. We still some challenges to work through, but I know we will get there. We have made some policy changes that would make your stay more enjoyable.

Once again thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Rooms 107 and 109 was to be non-smoking....smelled like an ashtray. While the sheets looked clean uppon pulling them back the mattress looked like it was saved from the dump. Huge blood stains everywhere. I DARE ANY REDROOF CEO TO SPEND THE NIGHT AT THIS PLACE ESPECIALLY ROOM 109 OR 107!

Lesson....cheap room rates = fllth! Will pay a higher rate at another property to be able to sleep without fear of catching some disease!

Room Tip: Want cheap filthy room this is your place!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The people working the front desk were very friendly. The hotel itself, however was not so nice. I understand some rooms are 'smoking' rooms, but ours was not and it still smelled of smoke. The comforters on the beds smelled. The beds themselves, were hard and pretty uncomfortable. Pillows for the beds were small and lumpy. We asked the front desk for a couple more pillows as one of our guests was pregnant and needed a little more comfort. When the worker brought more to the room she said, 'I know they are small and not very comfy, but it's all we could come up with.' I guess the $55 we paid for the room was about average. But I think next time I would spend the extra $25-$30 to stay at a different place.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends