“A place to sleep”
Review of Key Inn

Key Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Woodbury
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Listen, if you need a place to sleep that's way cheaper than anyone else close, this is it.
Don't expect breakfast, with the money you saved you can eat at Burger King and still be ahead.
The bed was clean, the room needed updating but it was clean too. Smelled like smoke a little but my wife had some perfume that solved that right away.
The lot is well lit and the area didn't seem unsafe.
You wouldn't take your mom here but it's a good place to sleep and leave the next morning.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 August 2014

after check in we got to the hotel about 11pm very tired. slept very comfortably, room was very nice and clean. The room was clean and the staff was helpful and very nice. They were helpful in helping me find my way around town

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Trash behind the table next to bed (see pic) and the outside stairway. Bathroom counter was dirty. The room was comfortable and the price and the neighborhood are good.
Need 200 characters to submit my review? Stupid policy

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TraveltooMuch60885
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This Red Roof Inn is in an industrial section of Woodbury that is dark and very unsafe. Front desk staff was not friendly, nor helpful. Our room was disgusting. The wallpaper was peeling in places, there were gang symbols on the wall, the air conditioner did not work on a hot July night, the sheets were filthy, the toilet was filthy and stained, the bathtub was stained and not clean, the bathroom floor was filthy, the chairs in the room were stained and disgusting, there was what appeared to be a spot of blood on one wall. We slept on top of the covers. If I had not paid in advance for the room I would have left immediately. In the morning, while drying my hair, it blew a fuse in our room and we had no electricity to our room. It took 15 minutes for them to turn the electricity back on. And to top it all off, the door to the outside appeared as if it had been broken into multiple times with a crowbar from all the missing paint around the locks! Never again. We booked through Hotels.com and had pre-paid so we were out our money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kerri G
RedRoofInn063, General Manager at Key Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2014

Dear Kerri G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.
We are working on getting remolded in the near future. As the new manager I can say that we are not where we want be and we will keep on striving to meet your expectation.

Once again please accept my apologies and I do hope that I will see you at our Inn in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Old facility with exterior doors, no elevator and rooms in need of an update. Red Roof refused to accept the website rate and booking online after midnight is not possible. Front desk staff was friendly but age, location and security concerns caused us to choose another hotel for the second night.

Room Tip: Select another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
RedRoofInn063, General Manager at Key Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2014

Dear HAL101 :

I would like to apologize that you didn't feel safe at the hotel. We work with the local police and have a zero tolerance for crime. As the new manager I can say that we are not where we want be and we will keep on striving to meet your expectation.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We book that hotel rm. For four nites. We finally made it to.mn after the ling drive. Got to the hotel and and went to check in. Lobby carpet was so nasty. Tape on lobby phone. Cigerette butts were everywhere. Got n the room n it was a complete dump. We check out the next day. Did not sleep that nite for fear of bugs. The clerk was kind enough to tell expeian to give us a refund.The room look like the room from the 70's. It was not clean and awlful!!!! Across the street is a bar. Refunds are at the hotel's descrection. I know we were not getting a palace, but i didn' t expect a dump. They should be made to up- date that hotel.The building is sitting in a business area. It looks good from the street and that's it.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank patpar68
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I had a wonderful time here, the manger Kevin was very very nice and welcoming , the hotel is very close to stores and shops and you don't need a car to get to them, they are in walking distance and there's a restraint right next to the hotel . the house keepers were very nice especially Gretchen and they cleaned my room everyday , I had a very good stay here and I would come black here and I would recommend this hotel to others :D

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East
Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Paul-Woodbury
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury
Best Western Regency Plaza Hotel - St. Paul East

Been to Key Inn? Share your experiences!