Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Paul-Woodbury(Woodbury)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$96
US$114
US$94
Agoda.com
Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel(Woodbury)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$125
Hampton.com
All reviewstwin citiesincluding taxamenitiesdeskpaul
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

The front desk personnel was very nice upon check-in & I was happy with the cleanliness and quality of the hotel. Definitely very meager with the amenities, but, there is a free grab & go breakfast in the morning. Overall, very good quick stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our grab-and-go breakfast, friendly staff and overall cleanliness as well as quality of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I like having some means of self-catering, so I am glad when I can book some extended stay type of accomodation. With regard to some positive reviews on tripadvisor I chose the ESA-hotel in Woodbury.
The positive:
- location: easy on/off from freeway; plenty of stores in the immediate area or within a short drive. A Walmart Superstore within walking distance
- rooms were clean, bed had a good mattress, property had a decent apearance
- office hours longer than at other ESA locations where I stayed before, i.e.from 7 to 23 hrs.
- friendly staff
- I had been concerned about freeway noise as they had no room left facing the parking lot, but it seemed that the insulation of the windows was pretty good; I could hear the traffic, but at a level that didn't bother me.

The negative:
- I had to wait quite a while, before somebody turned up at the reception desk. Overall, I saw that "will be back soon...assisting other guests" sign standing on the front desk more often than seeing a person behind it.
- At night the toilet didn't flush at all. So I had to lift that heavy cover of the watertank and reassemble the parts of the flushing system that had gotten kind of "unhooked". After that I was, of course, wide awake.
- Worst thing: As I had stayed at many ESA hotels before, I knew that they have those big fridge/freezers (Whirlpool brand) in their studios and that these are not exactly the low-noise type, but still tolerable. However, the one in my room was definitely not the way it should have been, because as soon as the freezer started, the ventilator inside of it made an untolerably rattling noise, reminiscent of the noise you would get from an old computer ventilator that has collected plenty of dust over the years.
I mentioned those two problems to the manager the next morning and he promised to take care of them, and maybe put a different fridge in my room. Even though I would like to think that he told a maintenance person about it, everything was exactly same when I returned that evening: same fridge with same problem; toilet flush got unhooked again.....Argghh ...The only way I could get some sleep was to drag that heavy fridge away from the wall to reach the plug and then unplug it, irrespective of what that would do to the food I had stored inside.

Summary: If you do not need a refrigerator and can keep it turned off, this ESA is a good choice. I for myself didn't want to risk another situation like this and consequently cancelled a second 4-nights reservation I had made at that property for the end of my round-trip.

hadila

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank hadila
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Hadila - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for your kind comments about the level of cleanliness in your room and how comfortable you found our bedding to be; however, we apologize that you had issues with the bathroom toilet and in-room refrigerator as well as with the front desk staff. Your comments were reviewed with the entire staff, and will be used to motivate all of us, making sure your experience is not repeated.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wdb@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Check in was a bit long because they required paperwork to be filled out for both rooms we reserved. The employee at the desk was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and looked like it was updated recently. The hotel was quiet even though it was mostly full. The grab and go breakfast was adequate. Coffee and a muffin. Check out went fine. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cdw1982
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff was very friendly and helpful to your needs. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

No bathroom in lobby area; thin walls which means you have to be quiet, and not talk at all during the late night. If you are young and wild and free, don't stay at this place! I regret getting this place because I got complaint calls. It made me feel like it's better not to talk.

• Stayed: March 2013
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not 100% satisfactory. We strive to make all of our guests feel at home even when they are away from home. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

This property exceeds the normal accomadations. The room is clean and comfortable. Bed was very comfortable and the location of this property is excellent. Easy access to many of the available attractions in the Twin Cities. Lots of restaurants to choose from I highly recommenend this property.
Staff is really great. Kyla,Heather,Kevin,Mark will do what they can to accomidate your needs.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you stay with us was good and that you will be recommending us to others. Also, special thanks for your comments about our staff. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.