“Our shelter from the storm”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Worthington
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Worthington
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Our stay at the Americinn was very nice. We were in the two room, whirlpool suite. There are other suites, so if this one is the one you want, read the descriptions carefully. The suite was a good fit and value for our family. The cost was only a little more than a standard room. The small living room contains the whirlpool, a double or queen pull-out sofa bed, dresser, coffee table and TV. My oldest child said the bed wasn't very comfortable, but wasn't the worst ever. Dividing the two rooms are glass, French doors. The "bedroom" is very large and contains a wardrobe (containing a ironing board and iron - beware of it spitting rusty water), table, dresser, TV, i-Pod alarm clock/dock, microwave, mini-fridge, king bed (comfortable end of average), two nightstands, and a number of chairs. The bathroom has a double sink area with a coffee maker and hair dryer. It is off to the side of the "bedroom". The toilet and tub/shower are in a small, separate room, closed off with a door. Both rooms have separate A/C units, which can be adjusted to different temperatures, if desired.

The room is on the end closest to the interstate, and east-bound on-ramp. As there was a vicious snowstorm raging, the 50 mph wind gusts did make the A/C unit in the whirlpool room groan occasionally, but thankfully, that stopped before bedtime. Also helpful, was that the storm cut traffic down to almost nothing, because you can definitely hear when semi trucks accelerate on the on-ramp to reach interstate traveling speeds, with the windows closed and A/C fan on. If you plan to stay in the summer, & are bothered by traffic noise, you'll want to sleep with the windows shut and A/C on, or pick another room or hotel. On the plus side, access from the interstate is very convenient and a nice Perkins is across the parking lot, if you desire a place to sit down for dinner. In addition, there are a number of other restaurants on the same street and within a mile or so. The hotel is one exit away from a Wal-Mart, and pretty much across the street from a ShopKo, if you have forgotten any essentials.

We were very pleased with the kindness of staff. They were not at all formal, as you might find at a Sheraton or similar hotels. If that is your preference, you might want to stay in Sioux Falls. We found the staff to be warm, helpful and engaging. They were very busy helping the number of stranded motorists, yet took the time to help my child get a cookie (free, soft and yummy, in the lobby, in the evening) from a high table. I appreciated that!

The hotel was very clean, from pool area (plenty of towels, open nice and late, and empty of other swimmers either time we swam!), to the lobby, halls, & our room. I am extremely picky about cleanliness, so this was important to me! My only complaint was a dirty shower curtain, that should've been swapped out before our stay. Yet, behind the bedside table, it wasn't even dusty! Very minor repairs were needed on the shower/tub faucet (just a loose handle needing tightening), door handle on french doors between the rooms (loose, as well), possible adjustment of the groaning A/C unit (but certainly not possible to fix during a storm). See what I mean? MINOR issues.

The continental breakfast included waffles, fruit, yogurt, breakfast meats (if I remember right), hard-boiled eggs, juices, milk, coffee, and more. The food was well stocked, and area maintained. It was typical breakfast fare, but it definitely added to the value of our stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank famgetaway5
NancyAmericInnGM, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Guest,
I sincerely apologize for the dirty shower curtain that was in your room. I did address the issue so that the housekeepers would be more careful to check them over to ensure that they are clean before the next guest arrives. I also apologize for taking so long to respond. I greatly appreciate your feedback. I am very pleased that you hand an enjoyable stay and that you chose our hotel to stay at during your travels. Thank you once again for your business and hope that you come again.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I have been travelling for quite a few years now. After having stayed at other hotels in the area I chanced upon the AmericInn one night on my way home. I was very impressed with the feel of the lobby, the look of the pool area and the professionalism of the evening staff. During my stay here of nearly a year and a-half, I have not ever been disappointed nor have I regretted my choice to continue my stay here. Nancy and her staff have made me feel a welcome member of their community and have always made me feel at home.
Thank you all for having made me and "The Bandit" feel so welcome and at Home.
Scott Mottlow

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sdmMsp
NancyAmericInnGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

We thank you for choosing us for your stay while looking for a place to relocate to our town. We are happy to be one of the first ones to welcome you to our town. Wishing you and your family every happiness in your new found home.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

We did not have a reservation and were warmly welcomed by staff. I asked for a suite at a reduced price and the staff complied. The room was excellent and front desk service was extremely prompt. The room was an excellent value for the price which was about $10 more than the double room price.

Room Tip: Suites have king size bed and jacuzzi. The upgrade is worth the slightly higher cost.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jessa N
Reviewed 5 January 2013

From check in to check out we were treated as if our satisfaction was number 1 on their priority list. Clean, comfortable and quiet rooms. Great breakfast bar! Better than most places we have stayed for food selection. The employees were very pleasant and helpful. The manager even greets you with a smile and chit chats. What more could you ask for ?

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ann D
NancyAmericInnGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Thanks Ann for your positive comments about your stay here. We love having our good friends from Lismore be our guests. Always fun to get away and if only for the night. Hope to have you visit us again.

Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

There is not a lot to choose from in the area. This place is adequate. Good rooms and recently updated. The breakfast is very nice. The people staffing the hotel are great and make you feel welcome. The twins are the best front desk managers you will encounter.
Price is a little high for the area, but good for them if the market will bear it. Bottom line-- no need to shop around - stay here and you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: December 2012

We are very pleased that you found my Front Desk Clerks to be friendly. We here at Americinn take special pride in our property because of great guest service our people give. They really go above and beyond to be helpful to our guests. Thank you for your positive comments, stop by and we will look forward to a visit from you again.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

Stay here quite often for business. Always quiet and friendly. What you should expect at a Americinn. A little pricey for the area but they can be considering they are right off the interstate. Consider Sioux Falls which is another 60 or so mile away. Plenty of options to choose from.

• Stayed: December 2012

We appreciate our frequent guests that chose to stay with us. It is friends like you that make the Americinn here in Worthington a great place to stay for the night. Your comments make us strive to do even better for our guests! Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Why would you stay anywhere else once you've stayed here? I keep coming back on business every year for a week. It's been 30 years now. I love the newly remodeled rooms and reception area. The pool and hot tub are always exceptionally clean as is the whole facility. You'll get the VIP treatment when you check in and throughout your stay, like fresh warm cookies in the evenings. Wait til you see what they serve for breakfast...the whole kit'n'caboodle! There's no need to look any further. Make your reservation with confidence today. KH

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank kim m

Thank you so much for the positive comments on our property here in Worthington. We are so glad that you have made us your home away from home. We love our remodeled lobby and rooms. It t has made our hotel brand new all over again. Also if we can do anything else to make your stay great just let us know. See you again real soon!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthington
Comfort Suites & Conference Center
Norwood Inn & Suites
Norwood Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Worthington
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sibley
Sibley Inn Hotel, Iowa
Holiday Inn Express Worthington
Super 8 Worthington Minnesota

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Worthington? Share your experiences!