“Good Night and very Restful Beds!”

Knights Inn Bay St. Louis
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bay Saint Louis
Gretna, Louisiana
“Good Night and very Restful Beds!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I really liked the rooms at this place and enjoy all the amenities they offer for the price, Free WiFi is always a special treat as well as the Ice and Snack machines . . . always working. The rooms are pleasantly decorated with sunny style Lands End furniture. I must say the furniture and bed is better then in most people's bedrooms AAA+ rate. The only thing that came to scare me were water bugs in bathroom. . . during this time of year with the Heavy Rains, many hotels get them. It does not retract from the Rating since Staff is very helpful and friendly. . . I saw the Exterminator Co. in the morning . . . so they try to keep after this. The (Iowa) couple seemed intolerant to the water bugs. Because I am from New Orleans area, I know the Hotel is not being negligent but it is common during the HOT HOT Rainey Seasons and sometime in the Cool Damp Rainey Season. The Hotel still should get a High Rating. So they are a AAA+ for me. Also when I thought I lost my Credit Card, the hotel clerk was friendly and helpful toward me and said she would look around. Many Many Thanks. Catherine

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
brooklyn, ny
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

The room was clean and comfortable, with free Wi-Fi. Morning coffee at reception was decent, and there is a Wendy's about 200 feet away, if you're not in the mood to go to any of the very cute breakfast spots in picturesque B St. L. The shore and quaint old Town is on the opposite side of the highway, but only a very short drive away. We were the Thursday-Friday and had no trouble finding parking.

• Stayed August 2013
Visalia, California
Reviewed 8 August 2013

After driving from coast to coast this was the best hotel that we stayed in. Affordable, quiet, and clean with comfortable beds. Special thanks to Yogen!!! I had forgot the charger for my camera and he was very kind and helpful when I had called. My charger made it home before I did.
I will definitely stay here again.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Great hotel with a great location. We stay over on 4th of July weekend. Rooms are a good size and clean. Just wish they had a pool and their breakfast was something besides cereal and muffins (waffle house is across the street).

• Stayed July 2013
ottumwa, iowa
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

On my stay, it was very quiet and peaceful. The room was pretty clean and newly remodeled. Staff on arrival didnt really seem too friendly. On checkout, they were better. Breakfast was minimal, but still available. Overall, its a nice place for good value if you are in that area needing a room.

• Stayed June 2013
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My husband and I was traveling through Bay St Louis Ms. It was late and we needed to sleep and rest. So we stop at the Knights Inn Bay St Louis on 1003 Hwy. 90 and was not in the room a good 2 hours before I had bugs crawling up my leg. Roaches and bugs crawling on the walls. My husband and I grab our bags and literally ran out of that room. (room 142) We had to drive almost another hour. But we ended up finding a real hotel not a bug hotel.

Room Tip: As far as I am concern do not waste your time staying at this hotel. It has bugs and the manager is...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank DDM1959

Travellers are raving about these Bay Saint Louis hotels

St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Bay St. Louis is one of many towns victimized by Hurricane Katrina in 2005, and it is also one that didn't have a large amount of money to upgrade afterward. It is slowly making a comeback but it is still very run down in parts.
The Knights inn was one of only 3 affordable choices at the time. The other two had lesser reviews and the other hotels are casino's and pricey.
I needed a last-minute place to stay while helping extended family repair their property last summer, June 2012.
This hotel is very old, well used, and no pool. The rooms are large enough but the carpeting is worn. The decor is outdated and lampshades are cracked. This would receive a diss from someone traveling in a high class area but in this town, the hotel is the best afforable option.
While old, it was clean with a working TV and excellent wifi. The bathroom was clean too.
They do their best there I believe.
Next time I travel to the area, I would trust it enough to return.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Thank you for your review. We did a full remodel after Katrina in 2005, and are continually making efforts to improve our offerings. We appreciate your feedback. Looking forward to see you again should you need a room in Bay St. Louis.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bay Saint Louis
#1 of 2 in Diamondhead
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport
Hampton Inn & Suites Gulfport
Holiday Inn Express Long Beach

Been to Knights Inn Bay St. Louis? Share your experiences!