“used to receive free rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bay Saint Louis
Terrytown, Louisiana
“used to receive free rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

my wife and i used to receive a free room every now and then,but in the last months we have not received any. we usually come about every other month. i still have comp mony left and wonder why no further offers??

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fireman503
HllywdHotel, Manager at Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
Thank you for your continued patronage to Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis! All of our offers are based on play, so first of all, please make sure you continue to use your Club Hollywood Card each and every time you play. If you would like to discuss your offers, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to put you in touch with the right person if I am not able to assist you.

Director of Resort Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
lutcher,la
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

First of all I went to the front desk to ask for a reservation and I was rudely answered "Do you have a members card" I replied, no this is our first time here, and then was told NO, no rooms left available..I got back in my car (kids are restless from being in their car seats) so I logged on to Hotels.com where I saw earlier that rooms were available and booked a 2 Queen non smoking room. I then went back to the front desk with my confirmation number and waited 15 mins to get a room. Then we got to the room and it was filthy. One bed had gritty sheets, a blanket full of holes, and the grossest of all was a pillowcase that smelled like dirty hair (im a hairstylist, so I know the smell). It was obviously not changed out. The other bedding smelled smoke..so I then took the kids to the pool. The pool cabana was closed and not once was clean towels brought to the storage area. I asked the guy out there and he said he would get some, but didnt happen. Went back that evening and still didnt have any. Not to mention that the pool side by the table and chairs is full of leaves and trash. It was not kept up at all, this morning it was all still the same @ 10 when we left. Next, went to the celebrity grill for a snack. Absolutely not a single high chair in there! So i sat my 1yr old on my lap and then noticed water coming out of the ceiling light fixture. I told the guy working in there, and nothing was done so my husband pulled a chair out under it so people wouldnt slip in fall. Then the grill guy came put a bucket on top of the chair 20 mins later. I can go on and on about my families experience..It is absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed in. We visit the Ms area often and never seen anything like this. I will say the front area is kept up nicely but maybe thats to draw in business since the rest of the area is not up to par. Not worth the money..

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank tiffroques
HllywdHotel, Manager at Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast, responded to this review, 23 June 2011
I am so sorry to read of your difficult and challenging stay with us. Please contact me directly so that we can discuss further. I can assure you, what you experienced is most definately not up to the standards of our resort.

Please contact me directly.

(228) 466-8086 (direct)
jennifer.granger@pngaming.com
Biloxi, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

I've been to several hotels in my 27 years of life and this one is also a good one. I' live in Biloxi and decided to host a bachlorette party for the night (received 2 free nights here) and it was painless! I don't know what the negativity about this hotel is but its a nice place. The staff are friendly and the establishment is well kept. The only thing I didn't like is in my regular room, there is no fridge or microwave. You can hear the doors slam down the hall but its a once in a while thing... maybe 1 every couple of hours (but if your sleeping u shouldnt hear it.) I notice it when I'm watching tv.The Epic buffet was GREAT! (also received free coupons for buffet). Ran out of crab and crawfish but its ok! I would definately stay here again! To me, there is not much going on around the community... (night clubs etc... but do able). Again, I would come back!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HllywdHotel, Manager at Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We pride ourselves on offering a quality product. I'm so glad that we exceeded your expectations!

Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis
Pass Christian, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

They have changed their Buffet ,we used to eat there all the time but now it is horrible ! I went to get a chicken legg and blood was actually running out of it.I should have called the health department ! They were also out of some of the items I liked the best.The Restaurant manager was very very Rude, We wont be back as there are too many other good places to eat .The Rooms have stains on the floor and furniture and smell of smoke.. The Casino itself is also filled with smoke ,Smokers everywhere.Non Smokers Beware !

Room Tip: Hardrock has the best Rooms.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank joeyd57
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and smelled good. Our bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was nice. The elevator service was quick as well. We ate at Bogart's Steakhouse in the casino, and the food was excellent! We had a great time here.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TammyBee
HllywdHotel, Manager at Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast, responded to this review, 13 April 2011
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed your dinner at Bogart's! I am gratified to read that our efforts in providing the very finest in casino gaming facilities accompanied by the friendliest most knowledgeable and quite frankly the best casino employees on the Mississippi Gulf Coast are paying off.

We hope to see you again soon!
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

Stayed here this past weekend. Our room was non-smoking but everything smelled very smoky,
including the air. But, the worst part was the slamming of doors all night. We stayed 3 nights and every
night was the same thing...loud bangs constantly all through-out the night. The doors are very heavy and
when people just let go of them, they make a really loud bang that actually shakes your door and wakes
you from a sound sleep. We had 4 people in two different rooms in our group and no-one was able to sleep at night. The buffet was fine, but we had coupons to get it for free. Not worth the $20 that they charge. Reminds me of a Western Sizzlin' or Ryans.
price tag though....not even close to the quality of some of the other casino buffets.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank arewethereyetyet
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2010

I recently attended a business meeting held at the Hollywood Casino that required an overnight stay. Although my room was very nice and smoke-free, several others attending the same meeting were placed in smoking rooms. You will smell the smoke as soon as you walk through the front doors of the hotel.

Apparently, this hotel has a history of overbooking their non-smoking rooms. So be aware.

All this being said, my specific hotel was nice, clean and comfortable. As with most other casino hotels, internet is not provided and the television channel selection is poor at best. They would much rather have you downstairs in the casino than in your room watching TV or using the internet.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport
Knights Inn Bay St. Louis
Knights Inn Bay St. Louis
#4 of 4 in Bay Saint Louis

Been to Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!