“Clean, comfortable, & beautiful view”

Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bay Saint Louis
Reviewed 2 March 2011

I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and smelled good. Our bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was nice. The elevator service was quick as well. We ate at Bogart's Steakhouse in the casino, and the food was excellent! We had a great time here.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TammyBee
HllywdHotel, Manager at Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2011

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed your dinner at Bogart's! I am gratified to read that our efforts in providing the very finest in casino gaming facilities accompanied by the friendliest most knowledgeable and quite frankly the best casino employees on the Mississippi Gulf Coast are paying off.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 January 2011

Stayed here this past weekend. Our room was non-smoking but everything smelled very smoky,
including the air. But, the worst part was the slamming of doors all night. We stayed 3 nights and every
night was the same thing...loud bangs constantly all through-out the night. The doors are very heavy and
when people just let go of them, they make a really loud bang that actually shakes your door and wakes
you from a sound sleep. We had 4 people in two different rooms in our group and no-one was able to sleep at night. The buffet was fine, but we had coupons to get it for free. Not worth the $20 that they charge. Reminds me of a Western Sizzlin' or Ryans.
price tag though....not even close to the quality of some of the other casino buffets.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank arewethereyetyet
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I recently attended a business meeting held at the Hollywood Casino that required an overnight stay. Although my room was very nice and smoke-free, several others attending the same meeting were placed in smoking rooms. You will smell the smoke as soon as you walk through the front doors of the hotel.

Apparently, this hotel has a history of overbooking their non-smoking rooms. So be aware.

All this being said, my specific hotel was nice, clean and comfortable. As with most other casino hotels, internet is not provided and the television channel selection is poor at best. They would much rather have you downstairs in the casino than in your room watching TV or using the internet.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank MSUEngineer
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Had booked a room thru holyywood casino 2 weeks before arriving. Got a phone call 36 hours before we were going to check in informing us that they had overbooked the hotel and they did not have a room for us. This came from the hotel manager. when i asked to talk to someone in charge see gave me the number of Mr Phelps who she said was in charge of player development. I called him twice and left messages, he has not returned my phone call. Even upon explaing that this was a special trip for my wife's b day they could not care less. This casino could care less about taking care of their customers.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KR468
Reviewed 22 August 2010

We selected this hotel because my brother works there. It is located on Bay St. Louis Bay, so be sure to ask for a room with a picture window view of the bay, it is beautiful. We did book our reservation on line and I think that is where you get the best rates. The room was very large and comfortable with a comfortable chair and table and chairs for computer usage. We were very pleased with the daily maid service - impecable. The seafood buffet over the weekend is full - and I mean full - of great crab legs, blue crabs, shrimp and a lot of other great food. There are not too many resturants in the area, so the buffet is your best bet. It averages $19.99 every evening. If you're over 50 the buffet is only $4.99 on Weds. for luncc - can't beat that price. The casino is clean, bar service a bit slow at times but the drinks are complimentary when you are playing. Free access to soft drinks in many different spots. I would definitely go back again, as we had a really nice time there. Bogarts is quite expensive for dinner. The Java cafe offers a nice alternative to the buffet and is quite reasonable in price with fresh sandwiches, danishes and more. Walmart and K-mart are close by but for any other shopping you need to go into Gulfport about 20 minutes away. Otherwise, if you're looking for a great gaming weekend you will be pleased here.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hollywood Casino Hotel and were quite pleased with
the experience. The staff was friendly. Our room was clean with clean white sheets,
I will say, the mattress was firm and I prefer a softer mattress. We are not smokers and stayed in a smoke free room and didn't smell smoke at all. It was very quiet in our room.
The view of the bay outside of our window was beautiful. We played penny slots and had
a blast. They had a band playing that sounded great! The buffet was okay. Overall,
our stay was very rejuvenating and we will definately be back!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sch579
Reviewed 23 October 2009

My husband and I visit Hollywood Casino about once a month. We have never had a problem with our room or the service. The room is always clean and we find the bed very comfortable, but we like a firm mattress. The staff has always been very kind to us and very helpful. The buffet is good but the coffe shop make great burgers and the best fries I've ever eaten. The casino is fun and has a good selection of slots. I've met many nice people there. I would highly reccommend Hollywood Casino to anyone. Bye the way, the casino is one of the few places left to us smokers.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express Long Beach
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport
South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites
Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel

Been to Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!