“Nothing could be better”

Shady's Global Grille & Oyster
Ranked #120 of 237 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Nothing could be better”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I like different and my hubby is very meat and potatoes. This place is perfect for us both. I been here a few times and always take forever with menu. I wanna eat it all.

• Visited June 2014

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Misleading Menu/Specials”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I really did not enjoy my meal or time spent at this location. Walk in, seat yourself type restaurants never bode well with me. We only came here because they had posted on their facebook that it was .50 taco night. So we went expecting to chow down on tacos. Well, when we got there we had to ask about this special and waitress said there was a limit of 4. That wouldn't be enough for either of us so we thought we would venture out to try something else....

We ordered Fried Pickles for an appetizer. However, when the appetizer was described to us the term "generous" was thrown around. Apparently, generous, is a relative term. It comes on a small plate with a handful of fried pickles and some were very crispy/black. House ranch dressing was good.

I ordered the Chicken Shawarma as an entree. This was described as "open face." This is true to the entirety. You get one pita and about 4 cut slices of chicken breasts with sauce that reeked of ginger it brought me all the way back to Christmas. I was left in bewilderment of "how do I eat this?"
....At any restaurant if I have the chance to order shawarma I will! I always have more than one pita anywhere I order so I just don't understand how they can cheap out by covering their butt calling it "open face"... Just ONE pita for 4 cut chicken breast is a joke.

Husband ordered the Brisket bowl. He had no complaints...I tasted it and it was fine...I would do without the cheddar, however.

I would never recommend this place and will never be back.

• Visited June 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Something wrong with service, decent food”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Came thru with friends for food and drinks. I ordered the appetizer shrimp volcano, which is just friend shrimp and a spicy ranch sauce, and a tea. Party members ordered some asian and creole dishes, with beer. Food overall was decent, nothing to write home about. Beers are standard fare draft pours. Waitress was friendly, but seemed annoyed with our presence.

When check time came, I was charged for an entree, and when asked for correction, she stated their policy was since I didn't order an entree, then that became my entree. Yet the whole table shared my appetizer!? When I asked again to have it corrected, the manager refused. Being I deal with legal matters from time to time, I asked to see the policy in writing, which could not be produced, but was told its just a verbal policy. We all decided to not argue further, just pay our tabs a leave. We have since cancelled two planned dinners there, as we choose to do business with honorable people. We wish them the best.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Furyhorn
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Restaurant with identity crisis”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Lived on the Miss Gulf Coast for 30 years. Driven by Shady's for the past 7-8 years never thought we'd stop in until my wife had a hankering to try it. Surprisingly great food and service. I had the Pad Thai and Marsha the Hummus appetizer (there in is the identity crisis). Both dishes were wonderful, full of flavor and both tastes fresh made!
We will come back often. Give it a try. Even though the menu was a bit daunting the waitress was extremely helpful and really seemed to enjoy her work.

1 Thank jrmmcejm2
Yellow Springs, Ohio
“great place with good location”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

we were heading to the beau rivage for a show and decided to eat at shady's. i had heard about them but the last time we tried to go, they were closed. its a very casual atmosphere, the service was good and the food very good. it was also nice to have a selection of wine that was quite different than other restaurants we have been on the coast.

• Visited February 2014