“Good hotel just not much too do”

South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Rooms are very nice and roomy, the room we had could very easily sleep six people. The hotel has a small pool and a walkway to the beach which is really nice and easy to access. The hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful. There is also a cafe that serves food and drinks but are over priced when you can run across the street to the gas station or Waffle House. The parking garage only has about 15 spots and is step up awkwardly. The parking lot outside is also small which makes trying to find any spot to park hard. On the third floor there is a place where they sell drinks and anything basis that one may have forgotten which is nice. The room we stayed in was stocked with glasses, plates, and cooking wear as well as washer and dryer.

Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 27 June 2014

One of the most unpleasant hotels, rooms uncomfortable, poor design, WiFi not working, ATM broken etc. Not even comforted by southern hospitality, just a bunch of kids who are overworked. There are nice places closer to the main part of town, definitely an improvement.

Room Tip: You need a car and be prepared for nothing to do here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This could be a nice hotel but our 1 bedroom king deluxe was not clean. After writing a review direct to the GM and not getting even an email back I decided to write a Trip Advisor review.
Pros: Full kitchen - very convenient to have full size appliances.
Happy hour outside bar very nice
Was able to meet the owner of the hotel, Ray, at happy hour and his son. Very nice people!
Inside parking garage.
Check in at front desk was quick and personnel very nice
Bartender also very nice
Cons: Our hotel room was dirty. Furniture, carpet, bathroom tile. Need to train personnel on how to properly clean. Room smelled bad.
Bed not very comfortable or inviting. Get rid of the bedspread. YUK! Linens and towels stained. Ran out of face cloths.
Some kind of mini bar or something in room full of black mold. Nasty! May have been what smelled so bad.
Balconies had dirty hand railing. Don't think that they are cleaning railing at all. Could see old hand prints.
Had paper bar napkins in bar bathroom. Disintergrated when drying hands.
Air conditioning quit operating last morning we were there. Reported to front desk. No apology.
Would not stay here again unless was assured deep cleaning had occured.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

After staying two nights at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites, we get a charge of $250.00 for a deep cleaning fee for smoking on the balcony. When I called to ask about it, the young lady at the front desk said that is their policy. When I asked her how she came to the conclusion that we were smoking on the balcony, she said one of her employees saw me smoking on the balcony. She said they are a close nit family and trust the integrity of their employees. When I asked her if the integrity of her employees were more important than the integrity of their customers, she hung up on me and after several attempts to call back, I got no answer. The ironic part is, I did not give her a name, room number, invoice number, no information about me. I don't smoke and wasn't at the hotel. I was calling for family members from out of town. They need to do better with customer service. They need to re-check the integrity of their employees. It is the customers that keep the hotel going.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Terri N
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. I called the hotel to confirm our online reservation. I was led to believe our 1-bedroom suite would have a full beachfront view. Upon arrival, we learned only the 2-bedroom suites have a full beach view. I asked the front desk staff if we could be moved to a higher floor. It was our anniversary, so I wanted our stay to be romantic. The front desk staff was less than accommodating. I had take my concerns to the GM and within 15 minutes we were moved to a corner suite on a higher floor. This leads me to believe the front desk staff could have done it, but for whatever reason, didn't want to take the extra steps to honor our request.

Our suite was very clean and had modern amenities, including a full-size kitchen. The other hotel staff members were very nice. I highly recommend you bring your own wine and food as the food and beverage offerings are very slim. The breakfast is equivalent to what you find a budget hotel. They also charge $5.95 for what budget hotels provide for free. We found the cocktails to be watered down during happy hour. If you are travelling with a family or friends, I would highly recommend the hotel provided you take advantage of the full-size kitchen and bring your wine/food.

We would definitely consider staying again now that we know what to expect.

Room Tip: Ask for a 1-bedroom suite on a higher floor have less traffic noise.
4  Thank Laschandra S
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The South Beach Biloxi Hotel and Suites is a fabulous hotel and we will certainly look to go back there whenever / if ever we are around the area again. Our room was fantastic, it was very very spacious and had a beach view to die for. The staff are superb making it an even better experience they are a credit to the hotel. We were there for 5 days and chose to have breakfast there each morning and there were no complaints from us about that either it was good value hence recommended by us. The hotel was spotlessly clean throughout and the car park was very adequate whether under cover or outside. The cafe / bar terrace was great at any time of the day - we chose to have breakfast overlooking the beach from there each day. A nice pool area and sun bathing deck completed the amenities to what is a very well run and comfortable hotel indeed - WELL IMPRESSED.

Room Tip: We chose to pay extra for a partial beach view and also a high floor (9th) well worth the difference...
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

This is our second visit to this hotel. We bring the kids to the beach or try to once a year. The last stay was great but it's gone downhill since then. We just can't justify the cost for this hotel anymore. $250 a night is just too steep for the quality received. The luggage carts are falling to pieces. The parking lot and garage are always full so you have to park in a shady overflow lot that just screams please break into my truck. Check in was a breeze but when we got to our room it was much smaller than expected. I guess we got confused by the wording describing the different suite types.... The king bed was a queen at best. There were some gross stains on the sheets. Everyone knows to toss the comforter but having stained sheets is unacceptable. Went to lobby and paid to upgrade to a better room. Once in the better room there were problems there as well. Carpet was dirty. Furniture is ratty and dirty. The sofa bed when pulled out was completely missing pieces. Only half the mattress worked and the other half just fell onto the floor. The ice in the ice maker was completely disgusting and stunk. Lamps were unplugged. The beach would have to be the worst part. They really need to clean up their own back yard. As soon as you leave the hotel and walk directly across to the beach you are met by two enormously attractive drainage pipes that say do not play on. That's gross. The beach was littered with trash, beer cans, etc. My son dug into the sand and came up with more glass than shells. The water was completely disgusting. He did enjoy the ketchup packets that washed ashore though. We spent more time cleaning up the area than playing. Just over it.

Stayed: June 2014