“Best combination of a meal and relaxation”

Mary Mahoney's Old French House
Ranked #2 of 241 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2014

If you are in the general area of Biloxi, MS, you MUST try Mary Mahoney's. Pepi is a top-notch server, interested in pleasing her customers. My sister had never been here before, and she loved it.

There are newer reviews for Mary Mahoney's Old French House

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My family and I went here for dinner on Good Friday with high expectations due to people raving about it. We were disappointed. The service and food was terrible. The server did not explain their limited menu. The food is poor quality. Our seafood platter was tasteless. The dessert tasted like frozen store brought pie. I will never dine here again. The only nice aspect was the history of the building.

3  Thank Shay M
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was taken here by my son as soon as I got off my late flight to visit him. I heard it was pricey but the atmoshpere was wonderful. My food was not as expected. I ordered a lobster speciality, expecting lobster and shrimp in a creamy cheese sauce over pasta. What I got was a split open lobster half with a sauce containing bits of what appeared to be seafood mixed in sauce with the pasta under the lobster shell. However the service and atmosphere was exceptional. I found it to be crowded for a late Tuesday night(0900) so I guess it was just my expectations!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Was not going to write a review on this restaurant, but when I read other reviews raving about this place, I had to set the record straight. The gumbo is terrible with a weird taste. Can only compare to gumbo in Louisiana , where I live. I ordered some sort of lobster main course which arrived as a giant blob of imported shrimp (which is so sad, as the best fresh shrimp in the world can be caught right out in the Gulf) with cheese, sauce and there may have 2 pieces of lobster. Others in our party ordered prime rib, which was so tough it could not be cut with the knives provided. The people serving us were extremely nice, and I felt bad that they were forced to serve such terrible food.

2  Thank 4emmalunt
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I had our anniversary dinner at Mary Mahoneys Old French House at the recomendation of a local that we were talking to at one of the casinoes. He said it was the best restaurant in town, and we would have to agree.
The restaurant is in an historic home across the street from the Hard Rock. My wife has dietary considerations and our server was very helpful in explaining the menu to us.The seafood was fresh and perfectly prepared. I enjoyed every bite. The service was attentive.
This is the place for special occassions in Biloxi.

Been to Mary Mahoney's Old French House? Share your experiences!