“Great charbroiled oysters!”

Ranked #1 of 256 Restaurants in Biloxi
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I had read the reviews and wanted to try the Half Shell Oyster House while in Biloxi for a few vacation days. The main dining room is not large, but we were early for dinner and did not have any trouble being seated. We wanted to try the charbroiled oysters. They were great, and so was the service. We would definately eat here again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,346)

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stopped in Biloxi for an overnight trip. Wanted some fresh Gulf seafood and did an internet search and settled on Half Shell. Great charachter to building was first impression. Went inside and had a feeling it was just what I was looking for. Ordered some oysters (charbroiled and the ones w/ lump crab meat) as an appetizer. WOW, tasty, especially the charbroiled one. Shouldve ordered another dozen. Entree had the red shrimp, which I never had before. Rich and sweet like lobster. Had a bananas foster cheescake as recommended by server. WOW, again. Place was clean, friendly and darn good. Wait staff was cheery and when asked about selections on menu, they knew their stuff. Cant wait to go here again.

1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Half Shell in Biloxi is in a great location! Walking distance from Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. The dress is resort casual. Reservations are not necessary. The seafood is quite good. You have have to try the Portabello stuffed with crab meat, either as appetizer or main entree. Fabulous! The raw and grilled oysters exceptional! We are locals and we can prepare our own seafood, but we really enjoy going to the Half Shell! Lunch or dinner.

1  Thank Playaonly
Reviewed 28 July 2012

WE visited the Half Shell last Sunday around 2 pm for a mid afternoon lunch. The restaurant was not crowded and we were seated right away. The menu looked interesting with local seafood dishes and the prices were reasonable. The server took our drink order right away and the Bloody Mary was delicious. My husband ordered the grilled redfish and was somewhat disappointed. The flavor was bland and since we have eaten fresh redfish most of our lives, he felt that the fish was a precut frozen variety. I ordered grilled oysters and I was disappointed. True, I am spoiled by the world's best grilled oysters at Drago's in Metairie, La., but these were
overgrilled until the oyster was stuck to the bottom of the shell and there was no butter sauce left
to dunk the bread. All in all, it was just ok.....was not as impressed as many of the others who wrote reviews.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

I typically don't give 5 stars when I review anything, but this was one of those food experiences you will remember forever. It might seem a little pricey, but it is worth every penny and more. (Full disclosure here: my husband and I are poor newlyweds, so not sure how pricey it will seem to others!) If I'm ever within an hour drive of this place, I will definitely be back.

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!