Half Shell Oyster House
Ranked #1 of 243 Restaurants in Biloxi
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Although not the world's greatest lover of oysters the char-broiled oysters at Half Shell Oyster house have become a favorite of mine. My wife, the oyster lover has them on the half shell. Both are the best we have ever had. The casual atmosphere of the restaurant makes for an enjoyable meal time visit. I dined on Royal Reds, my first time eating them. All I can say is WOW. These are by far the tastiest shrimp I have ever eaten, and like they explained the taste is more like lobster than shrimp. My wife had the portabella dinner and it to was fantastic. The location is easy to find and nearby some of the larger casino hotels.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,063)

Reviewed 5 August 2012

We arrived at the Half Shell having several days previously put our name " on the list" ... Whatever that means, because they don't take reservations. It was a Saturday night, and it was packed, and we did have to wait about half an hour. But boy, was it worth it! Our table had the chargrilled oysters, the voo do wings, the artichoke dip, and the ceviche as appetizers. Fantastic! Then, we had dinner.... Two of us had the Royal Red shrimp, which really do taste just like lobster as the menu promises. That was amazing. The Half Shell was packed, with people waiting outside on the street, but we never felt rushed. Everyone was pleasant and smiling, especially our wonderful waitress, Camille, who made sure that we had everything we wanted and who refilled glasses without being asked. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and would love to go back again.

A comment about price... We were a table of five and ordered a lot of different food, mainly because four of us live in the Northeast and we wanted to try something we wouldn't be able to get again. You can eat more cheaply than we did at the Half Shell simply by ordering less food. We thought the prices were reasonable.

1  Thank Cardone15
Reviewed 4 August 2012 via mobile

This place should be # 1 on Trip Advisor in Biloxi. This is one of the best places in Biloxi that I have eaten at so far. I called for carry out. The line was busy for a bit but I finally got through, they may want to invest in call waiting. When I finally got through I was connected to a cheerful staff member who was really friendly and nice. I arrived to a nice restaurant and greeted by friendly, smiling staff. It had high ceilings and a great bar area and dining area. Very spacious and inviting. The crab cakes were really good, the dipping sauce was amazing. The Voo Doo Po Boy left me speechless it was so good. The best Po Boy I have ever had. Even better than any I have eaten in New Orleans. I was very impressed. The bread pudding was just okay. The Boom Town buffet bread pudding is a little bit better. Half Shell Oyster was by far the best tasting food in Biloxi. Why are they not # 1??

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Try the oyster sampler platter, with four different types of cooked oysters; it's awesome!!! I had the grilled redfish with potatoes, my wife had the seafood alfredo. Both were delicious. Appetizers, 2 cocktails, dinner, and 2 desserts were $80 plus tip, so it's not cheap. The quality is definitely there.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We'll come back here the next time we're in Biloxi. Wife had the chargrilled oysters, and like an earlier reviewer found them not up par with Drago's (but whose are?). I had the seafood pot pie because I've never seen this on a menu before. It make great sense and was well executed, with an excellent pastry top. Our server was very good, and the cocktails were nicely priced at happy hour.

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!