“Always A Favorite”

Ranked #1 of 242 Restaurants in Biloxi
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Never disappointed at the Half Shell. The service is always friendly, the food is always fresh and tasty. What ever you do give the Royal Reds a try (especially if you love shrimp and lobster). Haven't spotted these elsewhere yet.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Been there twice, great both times! And both times had very nice waiters. Delicious boiled royal red shrimp and fried oysters!!!! Will go back.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

On the recommendation of a friend, we stopped and had lunch at the Half Shell. The chargrilled oyesters were excellent. We shared a combination plate with Oysters Bienville, Rockefeller, and two house creations. All were excellent. We will go back when we have more time to enjoy.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Just a quick comment on the new Half Shell Oyster House in Hattiesburg, Miss. Since it is new I assume it has not made the Trip Advisor page yet. It should be included as it is now the best place to go for all things seafood here in Hattiesburg. Since it's opening it has been full. And I can understand why. The food is great(and fresh) and the service is impeccable. The owners knew what they were doing when the chose the location as it is on the west side and away from the driving madness that is located by the 59/98 Hardy street exchange. If you decide to get an appetizer such as the oyster combo be prepared for excellence and a big portion. Loved it. I had the Yellowfin tuna and it was prepared very well. The balsamic dressing for the salad has a very nice taste to it as well. But here is the bottom line, the service was just great and that makes a difference no matter where you eat. Some of the restaurants here have been resting on their laurels and that is the wrong end to rest on. This restaurant is kicking tail in the service category. Keep it up. It is now our number 1 choice to dine at in Hattiesburg. Please enjoy.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Had dinner here with my elderly parents. We had a 30 minute wait for a table on a Tuesday evening in April .... lots of locals having dinner. We sat down and had a delightful dinner. My dad had charred oysters -- great preparation and very tasty. He also had a crabcake ... he is a "crabcake snob" and declared it quite delicious. My mother had the seafood pot pie ... perfect size for her and quite tasty. I had the BBQ shrimp, and they were excellent. We shared the house special dessert ... a cinnamon roll bread pudding ... AMAZING ... and I'm not a dessert person. Normally, we would not wait 30 minutes with my parents ... but I am so glad we did ... We are from Philadelphia ... so my reference for pricing is a northeastern city ... but the bill was very reasonable and below my expectation which made me very happy. All in all, a great experience and I will go back again on my next visit to biloxi!

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!