“Fabulous restaurant - will be back”

Half Shell Oyster House
Ranked #1 of 240 Restaurants in Biloxi
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Navarre, Florida
“Fabulous restaurant - will be back”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were in Biloxi celebrating our anniversary and we actually came to this restaurant after finding it on TripAdvisor. Also, it was close to our hotel (Beau Rivage). The building itself is really neat with great atmosphere. We got there fairly early on a Saturday night (5:30 ish) and sat at the bar right in front of the shuckers - who were so personable (Especially Ricky - LOVED him), and knowledgeable about everything on the menu. I'm not a huge oyster fan, but my husband loves them. He had some raw and tried a couple different varieties of the chargrilled and after trying Half Shell's chargrilled oysters even I can say I like them and will definitely be back for them. So good! I ordered the shrimp Orleans and it was really, really good, too. (and spicy). I'm also not a huge margarita fan, but someone else at the bar bought one for us to try because he said they were good - and he was right, they were great. We tried 2 desserts, the cinnamon bun bread pudding and banana cheesecake. They were both really good (perhaps a bit small portion wise), but really good. From the front hostess to our waitress/bartender and especially the shuckers, this place was friendly and FUN. Can't wait to go back.

Fort Myers, Florida
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Excellent food. Hot and fresh, had Gulf Shrimp, were absolutely fantastic. Also .one person had the Shrimp and Grit, and they raved about it. It is the ole saying, you get what you pay for, this place was packed, had to wait, even with call ahead reservations but well worth it. Highly suggest trying this restaurant.

Windsor, North Carolina
“A Great Experience!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was such a good Restaurant. The service was great and the food was so good. The best shrimp and Grits I have ever had. So sorry that I live 15 hours away. There was a wait but getting in was fast and we were served quickly! I will go back to the Gulf coast just to eat in this great restaurant. Can't say it enough---"Don't miss this one"!!

Fairfax, Virginia
“Royal Reds! ”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The oysters and the royal reds here are great. My wife and I are regulars. The charbroiled oysters are awesome year round. If you have never had royal red shrimp before, this is a place you can count on to serve you the real deal and not some kind of knockoff buttered up gulf shrimp. It's a popular place so expect to spend some time at the bar and make sure you have a dozen charbroiled while you wait.

Ocean Springs, Mississippi
“Not half steppin'”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The bad, an hour wait for a table. EVERYTHING else was PDG(pretty durn good). The waitress was a little forgetful, the food , really good. The Saturday night crowd was very loud. Overall a great dining experience. If you don't mind the wait, you'll enjoy the seafood and steak.

Visited July 2014

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!