“Does Not Yell Come Back Soon”
Review of Hog Heaven - CLOSED

Hog Heaven
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I would say this is an average BBQ restaurant, nothing special. The service was great. They had a decent selection of beer which is great with BBQ. I found the pulled pork to be more like chunked pork and though not a bad taste, it was certainly nothing special and actually kind of bland. Though I would not say outrageous, I thought the prices were a tad high for the quality and quantity served. Overall, in my opinion, just an average BBQ joint and as the title says it DOES NOT YELL COME BACK SOON!

There are newer reviews for Hog Heaven

Reviewed 25 November 2013

The service was great and the food was good. However, the brisket had a lot of fat and the price is a bit high. This place is a one and done for me. Just not what we thought and a bit high!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Being a BBQ eater from Alabama we wanted to give the place a try. The meat had a good smokey flavor but when it was served in a bowl with a paper underneath it. . . . We moved the meat to the side and noticed liquid underneath the meat. I guess it was more like Carolina BBQ with vinegar. Good taste but different from what we like in our family. Staff was attentive and we enjoyed the outside feel of the back porch. We will try the fried green tomatoes next time since lots of folks have mentioned them.

1  Thank Silonius3
Reviewed 4 November 2013

went driving down Beach Blvd and saw this place and decided to give it a try. Great back patio/porch area in addition to inside seating. Friendly service , good bucket-o-beer specials and I must admit even though my BBQ tastes lean heavily to my Lexington NC style home field I was very very pleased with the BBQ Brisket. I'd go back again for sure.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I got to meet the owner and he said it waa really good...and he was right! For BBQ folks, go try The Shed first and then come here. I think you'll find out that the food is just as good, if not better! I liked this place and will definitely come back!