“EXCELLENT HOST SERVICE”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pensacola, Florida
“EXCELLENT HOST SERVICE”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My Husband and I go often to Biloxi and have had several host at each casino. But never has a casino host ever made an extra effort to come meet the guest and takes a seat and talks with the guest as if he was a family friend. Everytime I need something Matt Johnson the Host from Palace has taken care of any and all request. We feel very at home with the entire staff at the Palace from check=in to check= out. I just wanted to compliment the professionalism of Matt Johnson and his dedication to the customers of the Palace.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Edna H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
West Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Outstanding buffet enhances your pleasure in a smoke free casino. Loads of slots from a penny up. The casino is extremely clean and well maintained. Food services and are excellent. Great place to spend some "play time".

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank BigTimFla
Indiana
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This was not our first stay at the Palace Casino, but it was our first stay in the newly refurbished rooms. They have finally gotten out of the 70's and into the 2000's. Overall we didn't mind the old rooms, but they really did need a refresh. Everything has been updated. Better lighting in the bathroom and the wife really liked the makeup mirror. Room lighting has also been improved and the refrigerator was a nice surprise. The flat screen TV update was a no brainer, although sometimes the reception could have been better. Internet speed could also be better, it seemed to run slower at certain times of the day. The in-room safe is also a big plus. The biggest problem with the rooms though are the adjourning double doors for the room next door. You can hear everything through these doors that is going on next door. Sometimes more than you really want to hear. One early evening the gal next door was really enjoying her stay at the Palace if you know what I mean. We stayed for a total of 7 nights over a little over a week's time. First 2 nights, then 2 nights in New Orleans and finished up with 5 more nights at the Palace before heading home. We did have 1 minor room problem and one minor casino problem. The iron in the first room was unusable (1006). Wife called the front desk and within 10 minutes it was replaced. We even got a follow-up call later to make sure that problem was taken care of. The casino problem came up the first day of our second go around. All of the "free" play we had accumulated the first 2 days we were there, no longer showed up on our players cards. The Players Club attendant and supervisor said that we had to use it up by midnight of the day it was received. Another attendant told us the we had 72 hours to use it or lose it. Some confusion on both parts and we we're only talking about $40 total.The problem with all of this is that I had a e-mail that I received the previous week before arriving that did not mention anything about there being any type of deadline. Thankfully I had a copy of this e-mail with me and thought it would help . It didn't, the players club would not budge so we we're turned away more than a little upset. We were also told to take it up with the promotions department as it appeared to be their problem. The only problem with that is there was nobody at the promotions counter. Apparently in a casino the customer is not always right, even though he has it on paper.Thankfully we stumbled across Neva Zobb. She is the casino host and basically saved the remaining 5 days of our vacation. She got it straightened out and happiness returned. There is no place we would rather stay in Biloxi, than the Palace. Believe me we have tried most all of them through the years. P.S. Did I mention the best part of all, NO SMOKING! As non-smokers it sure is nice playing and enjoying the casino without cigarettes or heaven forbid a nasty cigar being shoved down our throats.The casino slots also could probably use some updating. It didn't seem to have some of the newer games the other casino's in the area have. After a total of 7 nights it can get a little old playing the same ones over and over. Also forgot to mention that the public restrooms in this building are easily the cleanest in Biloxi, a well done goes out to the custodial staff. Overall, well done Palace Casino and we look forward to seeing you once again in the early spring. Easily the best room value in Biloxi.

Room Tip: Go high when it comes to a room for a better view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ticner58
harahan
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This to me us the best on the coast. The buffet was great the people serving r so helpful. On wed night the man in the sports bar was so helpful. This is a smoke free casino but they had a place my granddaughter could go smoke . Will not stay at any other casino after this great experience .

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank lynette l
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was our first time in Biloxi and we lucked out finding this hotel. The reservation operator was very helpful, pleasant and efficient. She explained everything to us. It's true this is a non-smoking hotel and casino and to make their point you have to pay a $100. Deposit. However, for those people who do smoke, there is a smoking lounge on the casino floor. The room was nicely decorated, large and spotless. After taking a shower we discovered we had 1 bath towel instead of 2. A call to the operator was all it took. Housekeeping was at the room in less than 5 mins. With a arm load of towels. We loved the lighting. It was very quiet and the bed was perfect. Rooms also have a safe in the closet at no charge.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank james s
Theodore, Alabama
Reviewed 2 December 2013

A week ago used valet parking. When my car was returned to me it had been damaged . They called security and he made pictures of the damage. I followed up with a call to security on Monday morning as they instructed me to do.. Long story short...I was told the damage was on the car when I came in and I know that it was not.. I said fine show be pictures because I know they have them. They sent me the pictures the security guard had made when my car was returned to me, when I had registered the complaint. After several useless phone calls I was told they were sorry but I could not see the film or a photo of my car being dropped off just the ones showing the car being returned to me. Sound fishy to you .................??????????.... .

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank sherry w
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed here in November 2013, and we will definitely return. The king room was big, very clean, and just really comfortable. The casino had $3 blackjack, and my wife did very well on the slots. Staff is super friendly, everybody seemed happy to be there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple