“Smoke Free and Fabulous Service!”

Palace Casino Resort
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Smoke Free and Fabulous Service!”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My hubby and I stayed here December 22-25, 2013. The hotel is newly renovated and completely smoke-free. The casino is smoke-free too! The customer service was outstanding, whether it was a bellman, a valet, the food supervisor! All of the employees were very friendly and eager to please. We mainly played table games at the casino, and we enjoyed ourselves. My only complaint is that there was often a wait to play Pai Gow as they only have one Pai Gow table. It would be nice if they had two. I have to eat gluten free for health reasons, and Tre, the food supervisor went out of his way to ensure that I had meals and treats to eat. At the buffet, they have a Mongolian barbecue area, and the chef made my stir-fry meal separately, and it was good. The rooms were clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. We truly enjoyed our stay here, and we look forward to going there again. This hotel is located very close to Margaritaville which has an extensive gluten-free menu. We ate there a few times as well. We were very close to the Gulfport beaches and several historical sites including the Jefferson Davis house. Additonally, there is a quaint little town called Ocean Springs about a mile away with fun shops and restaurants. There's a lot to do here, and I am looking very forward to a future visit. Of course, we will be staying at the Palace Casino Resort. :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We had stayed at the Palace a couple of years ago and loved the smoke free casino environment and the great staff. Both of those still apply, but a major problem exists. The rooms have been redone and are at a decor level equal to top tier Vegas Strip resorts. In our room, it was very cold so we turned up the temperature lever. Then it got very hot so we turned it down, then it got very cold, etc. We called for help and two engineering staff came up. They explained that the system "wasn't really like a thermostat" and would only blow hot air or cold air. I asked if that meant I could either have the room way too hot or way too cold. They stammered and basically said yes. Sorry, but I won't stay in such a place again. THis is absurd, and needs to be fixed.

2 Thank AltGol
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are currently staying here. The casino is nice in that it is non-smoking, but the slots are tight. We have eaten at all the restaurants on site with the stacked grill being the best in terms of food and service. Most employees have been pleasant and so far we are having a nice trip. Gina at Mignon's bar makes a great sangria!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gainesville, Texas
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I really enjoying gambling at Palace because it's totally non-smoking which I love. I am so tired of walking out of Casino's smelling like an ashtray and cannot wait to go home and wash my hair and cloths. I wish the slots gave you more play for your money and we would have stayed longer. We tried several slots and it just ate the money like you were just donating...too bad. They have a great place and idea, but if you cannot enjoy playing and get no play for your money then it's just not worth it to go in.

Room Tip: Great Non-Smoking Casino - One of a Kind.
3 Thank Karen L
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My Husband and I go often to Biloxi and have had several host at each casino. But never has a casino host ever made an extra effort to come meet the guest and takes a seat and talks with the guest as if he was a family friend. Everytime I need something Matt Johnson the Host from Palace has taken care of any and all request. We feel very at home with the entire staff at the Palace from check=in to check= out. I just wanted to compliment the professionalism of Matt Johnson and his dedication to the customers of the Palace.

1 Thank Edna H
West Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Outstanding buffet enhances your pleasure in a smoke free casino. Loads of slots from a penny up. The casino is extremely clean and well maintained. Food services and are excellent. Great place to spend some "play time".

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank BigTimFla
Indiana
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This was not our first stay at the Palace Casino, but it was our first stay in the newly refurbished rooms. They have finally gotten out of the 70's and into the 2000's. Overall we didn't mind the old rooms, but they really did need a refresh. Everything has been updated. Better lighting in the bathroom and the wife really liked the makeup mirror. Room lighting has also been improved and the refrigerator was a nice surprise. The flat screen TV update was a no brainer, although sometimes the reception could have been better. Internet speed could also be better, it seemed to run slower at certain times of the day. The in-room safe is also a big plus. The biggest problem with the rooms though are the adjourning double doors for the room next door. You can hear everything through these doors that is going on next door. Sometimes more than you really want to hear. One early evening the gal next door was really enjoying her stay at the Palace if you know what I mean. We stayed for a total of 7 nights over a little over a week's time. First 2 nights, then 2 nights in New Orleans and finished up with 5 more nights at the Palace before heading home. We did have 1 minor room problem and one minor casino problem. The iron in the first room was unusable (1006). Wife called the front desk and within 10 minutes it was replaced. We even got a follow-up call later to make sure that problem was taken care of. The casino problem came up the first day of our second go around. All of the "free" play we had accumulated the first 2 days we were there, no longer showed up on our players cards. The Players Club attendant and supervisor said that we had to use it up by midnight of the day it was received. Another attendant told us the we had 72 hours to use it or lose it. Some confusion on both parts and we we're only talking about $40 total.The problem with all of this is that I had a e-mail that I received the previous week before arriving that did not mention anything about there being any type of deadline. Thankfully I had a copy of this e-mail with me and thought it would help . It didn't, the players club would not budge so we we're turned away more than a little upset. We were also told to take it up with the promotions department as it appeared to be their problem. The only problem with that is there was nobody at the promotions counter. Apparently in a casino the customer is not always right, even though he has it on paper.Thankfully we stumbled across Neva Zobb. She is the casino host and basically saved the remaining 5 days of our vacation. She got it straightened out and happiness returned. There is no place we would rather stay in Biloxi, than the Palace. Believe me we have tried most all of them through the years. P.S. Did I mention the best part of all, NO SMOKING! As non-smokers it sure is nice playing and enjoying the casino without cigarettes or heaven forbid a nasty cigar being shoved down our throats.The casino slots also could probably use some updating. It didn't seem to have some of the newer games the other casino's in the area have. After a total of 7 nights it can get a little old playing the same ones over and over. Also forgot to mention that the public restrooms in this building are easily the cleanest in Biloxi, a well done goes out to the custodial staff. Overall, well done Palace Casino and we look forward to seeing you once again in the early spring. Easily the best room value in Biloxi.

Room Tip: Go high when it comes to a room for a better view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple