Hampton Inn Biloxi
US$108
US$95
QualityInn
Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi(Biloxi)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$111
Best Western Oak Manor(Biloxi)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$125
Golden Nugget Biloxi(Biloxi)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$134
White House Hotel(Biloxi)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$105
AscendHotels
Harrah's Gulf Coast(Biloxi)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$100
  • Pool
US$155
US$149
South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites(Biloxi)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$205
IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi(Biloxi)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$88
Palace Casino Resort(Biloxi)(Great Value!)
US$118
All reviewsfront deskbeach viewfree breakfastroom was cleanwhirlpool tubbeach blvddirectly across the streetwould definitely stay here againthe breakfast areakeesler afbfresh fruitconvenient locationeach morningbeau rivage casinoexcellent hotelbusiness tripshort drive
Reviewed 19 May 2012

First reason is location. We chose the Biloxi Hampton because of its location near (but not too close to) the I-110 spur that takes you from I-10 to US90, which fronts the Mississippi Sound. Its location puts it near the better casinos (oxymoron) such as the Beau Rivage and Hard Rock and across from a nice stretch of beach. There are many historic sites in Biloxi, the lighthouse and Beavoir, home of Jefferson Davis. If fishing or touring is your interest, boats launch from the casino marina and to the north in D'Iberville. Our college-aged kids figured out the bus system and it worked well for our location, too, allowing more sightseeing and shopping flexibility in families with older kids. There is a neighborhood grocery a few blocks away.

Second reason is value. Hampton Inn is almost always a great value. Our rates were about $130/night per room (beach view) with taxes. Breakfast for families at their leisure has tremendous value to us and the breakfast bar, while typical Hampton fare, was well attendend by nice people. The hotel has a small but neat pool area - kept much neater after we reminded them that Hampton guests generally expect a nice pool area and we'd be writing on TripAdvisor. Staff was always friendly and helpful.

Third reason is specific to this Hampton, (except for the momentary pool issue) it is a very well kept property. Bedding is great. Rooms are super clean. Microwaves and fridges are good. The grounds are kept very well. As mentioned, staff is excellent and try to meet customer expectations. Everything works to make the stay here pretty worry free.

This is a place to hang if you don't want the glitz of the casinos (or the cigarette smell) and if you don't mind (or enjoy) a short walk or drive to have lunch and dinner. This is a very walking friendly stretch of US90 and its very pleasant a few blocks off the beach.

Things not to miss on the Mississippi Coast (stuff we did): Lil' Rays Po-Boys (3 times in a week); The Blow Fly Inn; guided fishing for shark and sea trout (Mega Bite Charters); the Ship Island tour; walking on the beach; the Camp Shelby Museum near Hattiesburg; and going to the old Biloxi cemetery.

What would make this hotel more excellent? A bigger pool comes to mind.

Room Tip: #1 tip if you like Hampton Inns, be an HHONORs member. Book early to get the best rates because their computer bases rates on occupancy levels. Beware that changing your departures and arrival dates online can result in changing all your rates. Best to call the hotel directly to make changes...or change departure when you get there. Oceanview rooms on US90 have fantastic view (worth paying for) but there is some highway noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TexanAbroad
Judy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to give this great feedback on your stay with us. Our team works hard to ensure the comfort of each guest and will appreciate your kind words as i share all reviews personally with them. We are happy you enjoyed the area and got to sample some of the great food as well the the uniqe experiences we offer here. We look forward to serving your family again should you return to the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

My husband and I selected Mississippi for our three year anniversary vacation? The first half of the vacation, we splurged to stay in a plantation home in Natchez. The second half, we were looking for a beach front hotel, while remaining budget conscious. We selected the Hampton Inn in Biloxi for both of these reasons, as well as the good reviews. We were not disappointed, our room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable and we were surprised with a hot breakfast buffet every morning! I haven't mentioned the location. It is right across from the beach. Every morning, as we opened the window, we were greeted with views of beautiful white sand and clear water. Wow! We highly recommoned this hotel!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

I am so happy that you had a great stay with us recently and would like to thank for your feedback. We have a great team at our Hampton Inn and they will be excited to hear they met your expectations. I was glad to hear you woke each day with a beautiful view of our Coast line and enjoyed your breakfast. We hope to see you again should you be in our area. Maybe on your 4th anniversary.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Great staff, comfortable bed, nice decor, beach view. Nothing but the best here!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We did a Gulf Coast trip at the end of March and stayed at this hotel for four nights. What a great find! It was right across the street from the beach; we simply walked out the front door and across the street for miles of great walking. They also had a wonderful pool which we enjoyed using. The room was large and clean and had a microwave and minifridge so we were able to keep our drinks cold. The complimentary afternoon cookies were delicious! This hotel also had a couple of computers available for guest use, as well a well-stocked fitness center. The breakfast was decent, although not as varied as some other Hamptons I've stayed in. I really loved the location as well....easy access to pretty much any place we wanted to visit. I'll definitely plan to stay here on my next visit to the Gulf Coast!

Room Tip: Ask for beach side!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Everything seems new about this hotel. It must have been built recently (after Katrina). New stylish carpets, furniture, decor, everything seems very modern and new. Giant HDTVs in the rooms but all the channels are in analog. What a waste, but I notice this in a lot of hotels. The rooms come with a microwave and mini-fridge, so no need to worry about the annoying filling and refilling of ice buckets. You get an ice bucket though if you want to use one. The beds are comfy and per Hampton Inn's policy duvets are put on fresh for every new guest. The pillows were too soft for me though. I had to use two stacked together for support. Nice shower head with many settings. Free wifi.

There are soda machines on every floor and a snack machine on the first floor. Small fitness center. There's a small pool along with a jacuzzi in front of the hotel. There are free computers to use in the lobby but I couldn't get them to connect to anything when I wanted to print my boarding pass.

Free breakfast with plenty of choices both hot and cold. Waffles, scrambled eggs, toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. Also they put out delicious warm cookies later in the day.

If you didn't drive you can walk to most things from the hotel or use the trolleys to get around. Running down the main strip of Beach Boulevard in front of the hotel are the Casino Hopper trolley that visits all the casinos, and the Beachcomber trolley which runs all the way from the Ship Island Excursions pier in Gulfport to the Biloxi transit Center, where you can transfer to other routes.

It's a 10 minute walk from the hotel to the Biloxi Lighthouse and Biloxi Visitor's Center. From there it's another 10 minute walk to the Beau Rivage Casino and other businesses. Down in that area there is gas station with a store you can buy snacks/drinks/food in. If you keep walking you can even get to a McDonald's, the Hard Rock Casino, and the Katrina Memorial. I walked to all that stuff.

The nice fine white sand beach is a much quicker walk, right across the street from the Hampton Inn. I had a room on the side of the hotel but could still see the beach from it. If you get a front facing room facing the beach you may hear traffic noise from the 4-lane highway separating the hotel from the beach. It's easy to walk across it though. In the median of the highway there is a Katrina sculpture garden where dead trees have been turned into animal sculptures.

A couple service issues: I left at 9am and when I came back at 2:00 pm my room still had not been made. I left again, came back at 3:15 pm and they were just getting around to cleaning it. I had to go sit in the lobby until they were done. That seems a bit late to be cleaning rooms. Also the front desk seemed to be unmanned during the day at times. The person just took off I guess to do other things. There was no bell there to get anyone's attention either. It wasn't just me who experienced this, as I saw a man shouting "HELLO? HELLO?" leaning over the counter looking for assistance too.

Overall a new modern hotel with lots of freebies (breakfast, cookies, wifi) and a good location right across the street from the beach.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo