“The Fresh Fish is Fantastic! The market does not smell fishy!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 230 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
“The Fresh Fish is Fantastic! The market does not smell fishy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I've been to the quality poultry and seafood twice to buy fish and once to eat at the Resturant . I brought snapper and had the Resturant next door grill it and they did a great job! I had the gumbo with the fish and my goodness the gumbo was so good. I purchased flounder one night to cook in my room at my hotel and the fish was so fresh it didn't have a fish smell! Then I went back and brought grouper, cooked it and chowed it down with my husband! We're leaving Biloxi tomorrow and were hoping we can find a place like this in Columbus Mississippi !

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ikenney

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Rude, rude, rude!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Some friends were visiting from London and one of the couple who is Malaysian and very experienced in purchasing seafood, a regular at Billingsgate in London wanted to go to a local fresh seafood market while we spent time in Mississippi. We were recommend this place by a friend who lives a short drive away, the building is nice and the initial staff we dealt with were helpful, however, the people we spoke to initially really did not seem to understand their own stock, eventually this middle aged guy took over behind the counter, obviously annoyed we were taking our time in deciding what we wanted.

Rude is the kindest word I can use to describe him, this man obviously has no manners, is homophobic, (by the way sir, you are very safe, not if the last man on earth!!) and is the worst advocate for any business. We stopped short of walking away and telling him where to shove his seafood, especially when he was insisting on us purchasing obviously older fish that was sitting there, rather than the fresh that arrived, we didn't.

BUSINESS OWNER TAKE NOTE!! this man is ruining your trade, simple as that, after seeing the reviews now, I wish I had before going and never will again. I will also make sure any friends, tourists, colleagues in MS are fully aware and do not patron this establishment.

• Visited June 2013
7 Thank ldjb76
loganville
“just great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

when we go to Biloxi we always stop here and get seafood to bring back to Atlanta,these people do it all they put it in the cooler and take it to the car and you are off. great job to you all.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank cvcocktails
“Best seafood ever. Period.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

They have an amazing setup: a real fish market combined with a seafood restaurant. For $6/lb, you can have the restaurant prepare the seafood you buy in the market. Fried, grilled, blackened, you name it. And it's all delicious! I wish I had a gallon of the seafood gumbo.

• Visited June 2013
jacksonville
“Wish I had bought more!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

Stopped by yesterday and purchased 1/2 gallon of the best oysters we have ever eaten along with 3 pounds of sweet shrimp and a boneless crabmeat stuffed chicken!!! Needless to say today we were wishing we had purchased more! The oysters were shucked 1/2 gallon bucket and 1 gallon bucket! Tonight we had fried oysters and shrimp! Tasted so fresh and clean with a hint of saltwater!!! They also serve lunch which smelled divine but we didn't have time! You won't be sorry when you taste their seafood. They happily pack in ice make sure you bring an ice chest or you can buy one there!! Which made the 7 hour trip without melting the ice!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Quality Poultry and Seafood? Share your experiences!