“Great Thai Place!”
Review of Basil - CLOSED

Basil
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Daughter and I love Thai! She recently discovered she is pregnant and didn't want tap water. The restaurant didn't have bottled water. She really couldn't drink soda or beer or tea, so she decided to just wait until we got back to the room for our own. The wait staff found bottled water for her. We appreciated that very much!
The food was authentic, fresh and very very good.
We definitely will return next time we go to Biloxi

Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

I can honestly say the reason why I didn't try this place sooner was because of its location. Foolish me for waiting so long. We took my finicky Thai mother here to eat and was amazed even she didn't snub the food (which she sometimes does)...she is an exquisite cook. We began with Thai spicy beef salad and chicken satay with peanut sauce was just like mama makes it. The red curry chicken in coconut milk excellent, rad nah (flat rice noodle with beef broccoli and gravy) is moms fave dish and finally the Pad Thai noodles was one of the best I've had. We shared sticky sweet rice with fresh mango and coco syrup for dessert. The chef is a Thai woman who cooks the old style as she and my mom call it. I call it classic Thai right here in Biloxi...not that fusion, I mean confusion rendition of Thai food some places are doing now. Nope this is the real deal. The four of us ate for $80 and got stuffed. We ate family style (shared 6 dishes including apps & dessert). Will surely return here and put it on my top five favorite local restaurants.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This restaurant, in the Holiday Inn on Beach Blvd, is very easy to pass up, but has the best Thai food on the coast. It does have a very limited menu, but everything is excellent. The wait staff is very nice and helpful. They will explain all the dishes if you are not familiar with Thai food. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

This place is new and in the Holiday Inn of all places. However it is super. The Pad Thai as I mentioned is the best I have ever had not greasy super flavor. I have been eating Thai food for 4 years as often as possible and this is the best simple Thai food you can find at any price. The red curry was so good I took it home pulled the beef out of it and put in shredded duck and made a super second meal out of it. I never do that as I cook myself. I just can't duplicate what they do to food for $15 If you are ever in the area find this place if you like Thai food or just want a change of pace.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a good friend. I actually had no idea that Biloxi had a Thai restaurant. Everything was simply delicious! I dine out fairly often, and I returned to this restaurant 2 days after eating there the first time. Great Pad Thai, Yellow Curry, Thai beef salad, Papaya Salad, Red curry, fried rice, etc. The spice levels were also spot on. Every single thing was authentic, savory, and worth every penny. I'm just sorry I didn't know about it earlier!