“That Gyro Had A Lot of Meat!!”
Review of Petra Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Petra Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Petra Cafe is located in the food court at Edgewater Mall in Biloxi, MS. We have authentic Greek and Mediterranean food along with American favorites including hamburgers, catfish and fresh cut fries. Petra Cafe is the only Greek and Mediterranean establishment located across from the beach in Biloxi. We have the best gyro, falafel, hummus, baba ghanouj, chicken, lamb and beef shawarma in the area.
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I went to the Petra Café and at first I thought they were closed, because the Mall does not give them very much lighting. But, I saw the young lady and ordered the regular Gyro. She cooked the meat fresh and prepared the vegetables to put on it. I was really surprised how much meat was put on the sandwich for the price. I think it was only $5.50 or $5.75. For the price, it was well worth it. I agree that there was not a lot of spices on the sandwich, but that is what I liked about it. Some places put way too much spice on their food. Considering that the mall does not offer much choice in food (2 Chinese restaurants, ChikFilA, Arby's, Subway) it is a great change of pace. They also have a vegetarian gyro, hummuis, the little rice appetizer wrapped in grape leaves, and baklava. The drinks are free refills. I would recommend this business to a friend. :-)

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I'm sorry, but "Petra Café" sounds like a nice, sit down dining experience. Especially after you visit their website and see their various locations. But this one was in the Edgewater Mall food court, in Gulfport, MS. The Grecian sauce was curdled from the heat of the grill, the meat was bland, and there were only several choices of dish on the menu board. It wasn't bad, but it definitely left me wanting more authentic greek food anywhere else.